NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Anyone uses Leadtek DTV2000H
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi ya,

i'm new to the DVB world! i've just recieved my leadtek dtv2000h this week. The video quality is superb but i have some issues with it (with it's own software called Winfast DTV) already...

firstly, it failed to get any channels in the first few attempts of scanning channels (each time it spend a minute or so). is it normal?

then, when i used the computer (either watching tv or doing something else) for a few hours, there will be only one provider left working (all others will be removed/replaced once i switched to those channels). is it because of poor reception at my house?

I want to use GB-PVR but apparently my leadtek tv card is not on the supported hardware list... would it be possible to support this card in the near future?

Thanks,

Harry
Have you tried scanning "All Channels" in GB-PVR rather than an individual transmitter? GB-PVR specifies a 167KHz offset where appropriate (for UK transmitters) and this conflicts with CX22702 based cards which lock within a 166KHz offset range (and usually ignore exactly 167KHz offsets for reasons that aren't important here).
Quote:I want to use GB-PVR but apparently my leadtek tv card is not on the supported hardware list... would it be possible to support this card in the near future?
I'm not a big fan of Leadtek and dont directly support any of their devices, but assuming it has BDA drivers, you should be able to get to work. This will require adding a section to the BDA.ini file for you card, and updating the names to match those used by its drivers. You can find the names using GraphEdit.exe (google for it).
Thanks! It's working now. But I still have problems with losing channels. I have contacted Leadtek and they suggested that it's caused by poor reception. It seems like I will have a big task coming up...

sub, why don't you like Leadtek?
I'd owned a couple of their crap cards in the past (pre GB-PVR days).