NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Geforce 7300GS or 7600GT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have found these HTPC boxes online... the only difference between them is graphics card - one has a "GeForce 7300GS", and one has "GeForce 7600GT". According to seller, both are fanless. The price difference is, however, US$140... is it worth that difference, given that I won't play any games on the computer, only run gbpvr? Big Grin
Edit: I will - at least for a while - still use the tv-out, not dvi or anything.
The choose the 7300GS.

I am ownig the 7600GT and she get's really HOT..., my Gfxcard isn't silent... she has the 08/15 Cooler and IS definitively LOUD and HOT.

If you're not the Gamer, the 7300GS should be MUCH enough for you.
Since posting the above I've gotten a reply from the seller: They say that the difference is that the 7600GT is somewhat better for HD material. Can anyone comment on that?
The only difference between the both cards is, that the 7300GS doesn't support "inverse telecine" and "bad edit correction".

Here's the link four you: http://www.nvidia.com/page/purevideo_support.html

PS: Of course you benefit ONLY from these Features, if you're using the latest NVIDIA PureVideo Decoder... and this one cost money.

EDIT: I am even happy with my OnBoard GeForce 6150 for using GB-PVR and watching HD-Material. My 7600GT is used for 3D-Games like Oblivion, while watching TV (in this case, the PureVideo Decoder is really bad -> far to slow, even for MPEG-2. The Standard InterVideo one from Hauppauge! for their TV-Cards is much faster, but didn't work with newest ForceWare after 81.98 WHQL correctly at VMR9)
Thank's... but that can't be the whole truth... there must be more differences between the cards than that... otherwise, according to that table, there is no difference at all between the 7600GS and the 7300GS...
stefan Wrote:Thank's... but that can't be the whole truth... there must be more differences between the cards than that... otherwise, according to that table, there is no difference at all between the 7600GS and the 7300GS...

Why should there be more differences? The 7300GS is thought to be an Office-Gfx, while the GeForce 7600GT ist the higher Mainstream for Gamers.

For watching HD-Material, even a 6200 TurboCache were be enough.
Since there is such a difference in price, I have a hard time believing that the only difference would be what a specific purevideo mpeg decoder is able to do with the card...
And besides, since there is absolutely no difference at all between the 7600GS and the 7300GS according to the table, why then make two cards instead of just one? Big Grin
stefan Wrote:And besides, since there is absolutely no difference at all between the 7600GS and the 7300GS according to the table, why then make two cards instead of just one? Big Grin
It's just for the gamers ^^ To make more money and have enough counterparts to the ATI Series.
I would NEVER buy a GeForce 7600 GS. Only for watching movies i would buy the GeForce 7300 GS, an if i have ambitions to play 3D Games i would buy the GeForce 7600 GT, because she's more powerful.
Ok, thank's =)
Pages: 1 2