NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Another new GB-PVR plug-in for the ATI Remote Wonder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I didn't see Mongoose's thread until I was pretty much finished this. But since it was finished I thought I'd post it anyway. Sorry Mongoose, didn't mean to diminish your hard work or anything.

Like Mongoose, I discovered the currently available plug-in didn't work so decided to write my own. It provides all commands for mapping to the A-F buttons as you choose and has an option to set the volume buttons to control GB-PVR's volume or the system volume.

If you try it out, let me know if there are any problems or you think my choice of buttons for certain functions is wrong.

Website with full details
Direct link to download plug-in
I tried it, but when I tried to import it, it complained that it wasn't a valid plugin.

Greg
Not sure what that's about. I'll look into it. Thanks for trying and reporting the error.
I've uploaded a new version to the same place. I can't be sure if it's fixed because the previous version worked for me anyway. But I did find something that I think may have caused the problem.

I'd be grateful if you would try it again. If you get the same error can you let me know what remote you are using (I, II, or plus) and also if the error gives you any more information.

Also, if anyone has tried it, it would be good to know if it worked or not.

Edit: Actually, don't bother trying it, I managed to try it out on another computer and it's still got the same problem. I think it must be due to dependencies on another library or something. I'll try and sort it.
OK, it's definitely fixed now, if anyone still cares. Download from same place: here

It was due to dependencies. I have now linked everything it needs into it (which makes it a bit bigger than before).
It loads now. So how do I make it so that while GBPVR is in focus, it only works with that? Only the arrow keys do something. What I mean, is that when I press the DVD button, I don't go to the Videos, instead Cyberlink DVD and WMP both start up.

I have a regular RW.

Thanks,
Greg
OK, I've fixed that now. There's a new version up. Sorry about these teething problems.

I also realised I hadn't provided control for the escape key either which exits to a previous menu (I missed it because it's not mentioned on the wiki anywhere). I've now added it. It's not mapped it to any specific key as there didn't seem to be an appropriate one (if anyone thinks there is then please let me know) but it's available to be mapped to any of the custom A-F keys. It's called "Exit" in the settings.

Thanks for sticking with this and reporting these problems ggee, it's very helpful.
Not a problem. I ienjoy trying new stuff and know the risks. I was wondering, in your last reply, you mentioned this.

but it's available to be mapped to any of the custom A-F keys. It's called "Exit" in the settings.

Do we have the ability to map keys. Maybe I just don't know enough about the RW.

Greg
ggee Wrote:Do we have the ability to map keys. Maybe I just don't know enough about the RW.
Yes. Just the A-F keys though.

Go to the "Program" tab in the remote wonder program. Then from "When ... is in focus" drop down box choose "GB-PVR (Plug-In)". Then if you look in the A-F drop-downs there should be a list of the GB-PVR commands. Just choose which one you want to assign to each button.

If you look at my readme or web page you will see some buttons listed as <unassigned>, you might want to assign these ones in particular, if you use them, to to the A-F keys since they are not mapped to any other button. But you can still choose to map ones that are already mapped to another button if you want.
So dunni, if I install your plugin into my RW software, I do not need to use HIP??
Pages: 1 2