NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Installation of PVR 150 with 150MCE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok it is back to basics again... I have a 150MCE installed already and just got a PVR150. I am having trouble getting the second card working. I have a couple of questions I cant find the answers to.
First, does the 150 need a different driver than the 150mce? The system thinks both cards are the same. In config, if I select only show installed cards, it does not show the 150 but shows the 250 and someothers.

Next, does it matter which device number I use? Is there anything else I need to know? Thanks
The new one should use the same driver (mine did), but they should be device #1 and #2.
If card "150mce" is listed as device 1, and card "150" is listed as device 2 and it doesn't work, then swap the device numbers - in other words: set card "150mce" as device 2, and card "150" as device 1.

This has something to do with how windows has the device order listed - it took me a few hours of searching the forum before someone pointed it out. I tried it and it worked for me.
Thanks, That was exactly the problem. I found on the wiki something that told me about a program to find out how to determine the card location. I thought the first card I installed would be number 1. Well it was until I installed the second card and then the first one became #2. How intuitive:eek: Thanks Microsoft!
Cool! I tried to run that program you were talking about and I couldn't get it to work, so I just swapped the device number. Either way, we're both up and running! Smile