NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Video Card Needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I Just Built A Pvr And Need A Video Card With A S-vido Out. I Have Seen Anything Over A 9550 Has Hardware De-interlacing, But I Was Wondering If There Is Another Details I Should Know About. I Don't Need It For Any 3d Games Or Anything, Just The Tv-out Feature. I Have Also Seen Cards With Avivo. Any Information Will Help Thanks Ahead Of Time.

I have a radeon 9800xt in my gaming system, should just just update that with a x800 and put that in the media center or will something like the x800 have better quality tv-out??
If you are playing back HDTV content then you need a higher spec card. I'm not sure what to recommend but at a guess I would suggest a minimum of ATI9800 or Nvidia6800.

If you want H.264 (MPEG4/AVC) hardware acceleration, then you need an ATI 1xxx series card or Nvidia6600GT and higher.

Also picture quality is limited by S-video interface. I would recommend getting a video card with component-out dongle if your TV supports it.
my tv right now just has s-video and is a sdtv. I've used the 9800 on it to watch dvds and it is good quality, but the tv tuner seems to have a little bit lower quality picture
asdf1 Wrote:but the tv tuner seems to have a little bit lower quality picture

That's a configuration issue.
ok thanks. i think i'm just going to buy a 9550. its a gecube 9550 with 256mb and it says it has vivo. not sure how vivo will help or hurt me, but its under 50 dollars so it seems like it will work.
Vivo- video in video out