NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Avivo and ATI x1300+ transcoding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone tried the transcoding with the ATI x1300 (or higher) that is now available with AVIVO? The reviews I read said anywhere from 3 - 5x faster than nero recode. I'm wondering how much faster it is than mencoder and what the video quality is like.

Just thought I'd leverage the GBPVR community before I plunk down my hard earned money on the video card!
There is a modified version you can use with any videocard, so you can test it yourself. It was in one of the threads overhere. I tested it very briefly, it was very fast but I wasn't convinced by the quality, but that could very well have been my mistake.
Thanks for the tip! I'll dig around and see if I can find it.
Same results here... the speed was incredible but the results weren't all that good, so I gave up on it.
I read in a thread that you can use it in Graphedit, then you can change more settings.
I found it and have been playing with it and have the same opinion as you guys - It's fast, but the quality isn't there. I guess to fully test it out, I'll need to figure out how to use graphedit.