NextPVR Forums

Full Version: New PVR 150 IR Blaster Set up program
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hauppauge has a beta IR setup program on their site. It is beta version 2.5. It looks completely different than the old program and has some new features and a learn mode. I could not get it to work with my cable box but it may help someone else. There are no instructions on the new features so I am not sure if I am using them correctly. Has anyone else used this program?
Does the original hauppage ir blaster work ok for you? What kind of box are you trying to control?
No, the blaster is not working which is why I tried the new setup program. I have a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2200. The Hauppauge setup program lists it as supported and you can select it, but it does not control the box. The emitter blinks, but the box does not see it. I found on a Sage forum that someone had an emitter that blinked but really was not working correctly and Hauppauge sent him another and everything worked. I have already e-mailed tech support to see what happens. Have you had any issues with your blaster? I really don't want to spend another $50 on a usb uirt. The WAF is crashing fast.
I have the S/A 3200 which uses the same remote as the 2200. The led placement is critical , it has to be directly over the eye on the box and if you are a 1/2 inch either way if will not work. Just play around with it and it will work.

I see your avitar is a Hurricanes logo, seeing as I am in Ottawa and a Sens fans I'm not sure we should be talking Big Grin
5058 Wrote:I see your avitar is a Hurricanes logo, seeing as I am in Ottawa and a Sens fans I'm not sure we should be talking Big Grin
I saw you were from "up there" and almost changed my avitar so you would talk to me. Wink

I will keep working on the placement. I may even see if I can remove the little red cover on the box. I am glad that you are running the same stuff and it is working for you. It gives me hope.
Any luck?
Yes!. (I see you are still talking to me after last nights gameSad ) You gave me hope so I moved the blaster all over with no luck. Finally, I took the STB apart (while my wife was still asleep!) and took out the plastic lens cover. I then put the blaster directly on the sensor and it worked!. If I move it 1/8" away, it does not. I guess my sensor output is very poor. I will talk to Hauppauge tomorrow and see if I can get a stronger one. All works OK for now. Thanks to everyone for the help. I now have decided to move the computer near the TV and try to use the video out so we can directly access the STB with the remote. (and use the blaster for recording only) My wife is not happy with the time it takes for changing the digital channels through the MVP with all the relaying that has to go on. It will work great for recording though. It will also free up an MVP for use elsewhere in the house. But.... now I am not happy with the TV out picture quality of my Radion 7000 card. Too much flicker. It comes and goes. Good news is there are lots of posts on TV out quality in the forums. Thanks again. I will post as soon as I find out if Hauppauge sends me a new blaster.
Hey guys, can you help me out?

I am trying to get my IR Blaster working with my cable STB, and am having the same issue as the original poster, but using a Scientific Atlanta 2000 STB.

The main problem is, I'm not sure EXACTLY where the sensor is on the STB. There are 2 things that look like might be sensors - one to the left and one to the right of the time on the STB display.

Or if anyone can point me to a picture or schema showing the sensor, that would be sweet Smile.
The sensor is on the left hand side of my box. On my box it is about a half inch above the bottom of the plastic cover and about 3/4" to the right of a little LED that has a mail icon on it. Beware of bad blasters from Hauppauge. Mine blinked but was almost dead. I called them and they sent me a new one. They know about the problem and will ship you one quickly. Actually I also e-mailed thier support just to make sure I got one and they sent me one from there as well. (I got two in the mail within days). If the blaster is good you should be able to have it work if you get within +/- 3/8" of the sensor. Use a flashlight and you can see through the plastic cover on the box. Also remember that you have to take the sticky tape cover off to test it. It does not work from the red side.
Thanks alot. I'm pretty sure my blaster is dead... from what I've read, it's pretty common. Hopefully once you get a working one it doesn't have a high failure rate :|.

When I select "test all codes", Sometimes the light on the blaster is very weak, and sometimes no light at all. I sent Hauppauge an email, hopefully they'll send me a new blaster.
Pages: 1 2