NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Newbie Video Card Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
gbpvr looks great and I am looking forward to getting the most out of it.

I already have a Aver Media TV Series Card (Version 4.31) working on my computer but it does not seem to be compatable with gbpvr (model number M168-U appears on the card itself but not on any documentation).

Before I buy another card could someone please confirm I will not get my card to work with gbpvr.

TIA
Hmmm - What is the problem you are having? - I assume you have downloaded and installed - What are your symptoms?
Thanks for the reply, elite.

When I try to enter the Capture Card Type from the drop down list the Aver M150 AND M170 are only available. If I tick the box to show 'devices in this machine' I get the reply 'no known cards are in this machine'

I see you I should now download Graph Edit but from these forums it appears certain cards do not work with gbpvr.
Icon Wrote:Thanks for the reply, elite.

When I try to enter the Capture Card Type from the drop down list the Aver M150 AND M170 are only available. If I tick the box to show 'devices in this machine' I get the reply 'no known cards are in this machine'

I see you I should now download Graph Edit but from these forums it appears certain cards do not work with gbpvr.

Sorry, kind of half read your first post - I think you need to make an entry to bda.ini based on the results from graphedit (if your card supports bda drivers) otherwise you may be out of luck - there are are more people on these boards that may be able to offer more help, I haven't had to go this route myself...
I was hoping that I would not have to learn how to use graphedit as it looks a bit beyond me!
From a previous post I see the AVerMedia M150 (BlackBird) and AVerMedia M172 (BlackBird) are both Conexant CX23880/CX23416.
If my card is a M168 could I adapt the ini file for the 150?

[AverMedia M150]
INIT_MODE=DEFAULT
INIT_MSP=0
BLACKBIRD=1
CONEXANT=1
FILTER_CROSSBAR=AVerMedia AVerTV MPEG Crossbar
FILTER_CAPTURE=AVerMedia AVerTV MPEG Video Capture
FILTER_TV_TUNER=AVerMedia AVerTV Tuner
FILTER_TV_AUDIO=AVerMedia AVerTV TvAudio
FILTER_ENCODER=AVerMedia AVerTV MPEG Encoder
PIN_CROSSBAR_VIDEO_TUNER_IN=Video Tuner In
PIN_TVTUNER_ANALOG_VIDEO_OUT=Analog Video