NextPVR Forums

Full Version: hauppauge nova-t remote issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm having some trouble getting my nova-t origional version remote control to work with GBPVR.

my origional setup which worked was using showshifter and the standard non BDA drivers that came with the card. i reinstalled windows last week and went for a clean install using BDA drivers (the latest from technotrend) and GBPVR and now the remote doesn't work.

in various places the hauppauge ir software is mentioned but i don't remember ever having this installed and looking around the hauppauge site it seems to be for the wintv range not for the nova-t?

i think i've ticked the right boxes in the gbpvr set up (clicked 34 button remote, and fix hauppauge settings button. Direct input is not set as i think this is for the pvr250/350)

can anyone help?

dicki
I don;t know what the issues are with your (older) nova-t it sounds like you need the correct version of the hauppague remote software.

Have you checked in the forums
http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/pages/forum.html

the "fix" button in config simply adds the necessary config info to the irremote.ini file that is then used by ir.exe.
The old nova-t 909 bda drivers don't support the remote if memory serves correctly.