NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Ati Ccc 6.5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a ATI X1300 that I am borrowing to campare to my Nvidia 6200. I am thinking about switching to overcome the Nvidia corrupted aspect problem mentioned on several threads here. I am having one problem and am looking for some input. I am using component output to my tv and am unable to find any option in the Catalyst Control Center to adjust the screen position. The pitcure is shifted to the left and up slightly causing a black bar aroud the edges. I do see the option when the adapter is set to standard tv output but not component out. Is this even an option for this like there is with nvidia.

Thanks,
Jeff
Jeff,

You might have to enable the advaned option in the view tab. You will than find the adjustments in the TV properties - Adjustments tab.

If you enable overscan you can not shift the position of the image any more. However you should not need to do so normally.

Can you let me (us) know what your experiences are with the X1300 as I am thinking of upgrading too. I currently use my old ATI 7500 because it is much better than my Nvidia 6200 but it is borderline in performance (mainly seen in horizontal panning scenes where the image gets "broken" at about 1/3th height (the top part runs 1 or more frames behind the bottom part).
I am in the advanced option. If I switch the output adapter to standard tv I can find the option in the menu under tv-advanced. But when switched to component out there is no option that I can find. There is no longer the tv out option in the adv. menu but is replaced by a component out menu that does not seem to have this option. So far I like the card I will have to give it some time. I bought the one with no fan and it does run hotter than my nvidia but no more aspect problems. Also I think the colors are better. I had to really tweak the nvidia colors to get something decent. I just left the X1300 at default at it appears to e pretty good. Here is a link to the card I bought http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6814125029