NextPVR Forums

Full Version: sassari - widescreen skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
hello all,

here is a preview of something, which i thought would be a nice widescreen-skin. since there are no widescreen-skins (at least i don't know any) i thought, gbpvr should have one finally.

the question is: what is the best resolution for widescreen? please post your thoughts and resolution-suggestions!
Hi dottore :-D

If you're speaking about best resolution, then i would say 1280 x 720 in germany..., most 16:9 Displays features it. But the "correct" Resolution should be 1366 x 768 which is supported by some LCD's.

Btw., this one looks nice, but a little bit dark, i think.
looks great to me, very proffesional
Very nice work indeed. Clean and resting for the eye.
Small text in the info panels.....you must have a big screen at home.

Most LCD screens nowadays supports 1360x768, so I think that will be the best resolution. Thats what BaseSkins gonna be when it goes HD.

HDTV broadcast will be 1280x720 i guess, but I dont know if any plasma supports that resolution.
1024x768 and 1024x1024 is what I have seen in the stores....but they costs a lot of money.
Normal 42" plasmas have 852x480 resolution.

Have you dropped the BlueMCE2 maintaining ?
bluemce2 is maintained in the baseskin, i think.... i have dropped bluemce2 a few months ago and concentrated on olbia (which will be 97.7 soon ;-)).

so 1360x768 would be the best resolution. higher or lower resolutions will be interpolated, the aspect ratio will stay the same.
the highlight color (green from the first post, yellow in the attachments) is a little problem....doesn't look that good.

here are 3 suggestions concerning the background (dark.jpg is from first post):
Me likes the middleway -> blue :-D
yes, it currently looks best. i forgot to ask: is there enough interest for such a skin? are there enough widescreen-watchers ;-)?

here's another color-suggestions (i attached a bigger shot):
I am watchin on 27" LCD with a native max. Resolution of 1280 x 720.
Yes, I use wide screen and I am sure many others do. So far I have been using Bluemce2, too bad no one is supporting it since it is one of the most popular skins.
Looks nice, wish I had a widescreen.Sad

720p (1280x720) should be a good start. It would scale good for the 1366x768 sets out there.

You could go nuts with 1080i (1920 x 1080), but that is not very common now.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14