NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Firefly Mini Remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a Firefly Mini Remote that came with my PVR-500_MCE card. Will this work with GBPVR? If so, what settings do you have to use in config?
To be honest, I dont know. I've never seen one of these remotes. If it emulates an MCE remote, you might be able to get it to work by selecting the MCE remote type in the config app. Otherwise, if it comes with software that lets you configure which keys are sent to the app being controlled, then you should be able to set it up for the GB-PVR keystrokes.
I have the Firefly Mini as well and trying to use it with GB. Only some buttons work. The Firefly Mini is a driverless HID-compliant remote. I'm guessing GB doesn't fully support HID-compliant remotes. Am I correct?
Its not that simple.

If this remote is HID compliant, then GB-PVR capable of communicating with the device, and receiving scan codes. It depend what scan codes the remote generates for each button though. GB-PVR is built to understand the codes generated by the MCE remotes. If this remote generates the same codes, then it should work fine with GB-PVR. If it generates other codes, then there is no way GB-PVR will know what each code is supposed to signify without me explicitly adding support for this remote.
sub Wrote:It depends what scan codes the remote generates for each button. GB-PVR is built to understand the codes generated by the MCE remotes. If this remote generates the same codes, then it should work fine with GB-PVR. If it generates other codes, then there is no way GB-PVR will know what each code is supposed to signify without me explicitly adding support for this remote.

The only programs I've gotten full support from the remote is, no surprise, Snapstream Beyond Media and BeyondTV. Most other PVR software I have tried have basic support for it. I don't know much about the codes it generates.
If you set your remote type to 'MCE' in the config app, do you get messages in your GB-PVR log with lines starting with either of these each time you press a key?

Received WM_INPUT:
Received WM_APPCOMMAND:
sub Wrote:If you set your remote type to 'MCE' in the config app, do you get messages in your GB-PVR log with lines starting with either of these each time you press a key?

I'll take a look at the log file and see what it says.
sub Wrote:If you set your remote type to 'MCE' in the config app, do you get messages in your GB-PVR log with lines starting with either of these each time you press a key?

Received WM_INPUT:
Received WM_APPCOMMAND:

Yes. The log shows WM_INPUT and WM_APPCOMMAND.
Usually following each of these messages is a code. If you're keen, you could try write up a list of these codes for each button, and I'll try to add support for this remote in near future.
hmmm....finally found the 'search' feature. :p any updates on getting firefly mini to work? thanks.
Pages: 1 2