NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Terratec woes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been looking at GBPVR recently, and am pretty impressed. I do though, have a Terratec Cinergy 2400DT which has been causing some issues (I'm sure others can relate to this). I'm running the latest (beta) .255 drivers which detect all the functions of the card correctly (bridge, tuner and capture)

Basically, the main issue is it won't detect any channels on a scan. I've configured both tuners in GBPVR as capture sources, and set the correct DVB-T transmitter (Hannington, Southern England), but scanning with either tuner finds nothing.

I've tried various mediacenter apps now, and discovered the following;

1. Terratec Home Cinema. Detects all channels fine, good stable picture. No jumps or skips, but tuner scan sensitivity has to be set to 'fine'. This app is good for diags, but not what I would call a 'mediacenter'

2. WinXPMCE. Polished front end. Easy to use. Channel scan detects masses of frequencies (800+). A large amount are -1Mhz off the true channel centre frequency. Sorting all this out is a pain in the a*se, as you have to re-order all the channels, then link the EPG to each channel. Takes ages. Picture is good, but stutters and breaks up on certain muxes making it unwatchable. MCE does not seem very good with DVB-T

3. Media Portal. Good design, but needs more work. Channel scan detects all channels ok, but stability of package comes into question (had a few crashes).

4. GBPVR. Looks good. Stable so far, and excellent DVB-T support, but will not detect ANY channels on a channel scan. The Terratec 2400 is on the certified adapter list, so someone must have it working. I've tried re-registering the files, changing DVB scan type etc (all the usual methods) but nothing gives. Am I missing something here? Other people seem to be having similar issues. Has anyone got to the bottom of the problem?

If anyone has got the card working on Hannington, do you have scan cache files I can look at?

Before I pull my hair out, can anyone help!
Forgot to mention, I have a new DVB-T certified aerial, and an existing Fusion PVR which has no problems with any channels. I get a signal strength on both Fusion tuners of ~80%. Never had any problem with DVB reception on all muxes from Hannington, but I had a masthead amplifier with Fringe distribution box installed when the aerial was put in.

I do not believe the problem with GBPVR is signal level related.
Tman,

I also have this card and have issues with channel scanning under GBPVR and some other apps. MCE users also report channel scanning issues with this card, apparently is has some frequency offset problems. Apart from tuning issues I have been very impressed by this card after having major hassles with a dvico dual tuner card.

If you have another dvb card in your machine scan the channels using that and copy the contents of that file into the other scan-x.cache files that GBPVR generated for terratec card.

Cheers
Daza
Thanks daza67. Unfortunately I don't have any other DVB-T cards available. I suppose I could try and borrow one. Will this 'scan with another card' option really work if I just copy the cache data over?

As I would have to give the card back, I assume subequent re-scans for new channels would not work either unless I had another card to tune from.
I dont know if this will help or not, but you could running the ReRegisterFilters.bat file.
Hi -

Wink I had exactly the same problem as you and didn't get anywhere after trying all the things people suggested.

On searching through the past forums I found that you have to deinstall mediaportal - with some trepidation I done this and hey presto the terratec scanned and got a channel list!!!

I have also heard that you shouldn't use the microsoft MUX but either work for me.

The only problem I have now is that scanning returns a lot of unknown channels and you have to keep repeatedly scanning to try and get the missing ones. To over come this I have generated my own scan list and forced gbpvr to except this - my transmitter is Sutton Coldfield

Good luck
Was thinking about getting this card.... which remote do people use - the MCE remote or the one that comes with the non-mce standard version??
pwe169 Wrote:Hi -

Wink I had exactly the same problem as you and didn't get anywhere after trying all the things people suggested.

On searching through the past forums I found that you have to deinstall mediaportal - with some trepidation I done this and hey presto the terratec scanned and got a channel list!!!

I have also heard that you shouldn't use the microsoft MUX but either work for me.

The only problem I have now is that scanning returns a lot of unknown channels and you have to keep repeatedly scanning to try and get the missing ones. To over come this I have generated my own scan list and forced gbpvr to except this - my transmitter is Sutton Coldfield

Good luck

Try the BDA scanning utility Chris.Day has posted it may be of some help. http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=17633