NextPVR Forums

Full Version: PVR-350 Problem...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I'm rather new to all this, but I have been reading on the forums for a few days but currently getting no-where.:eek:

I have purchased a Hauppage PVR-350 and installed it, I used the pvr_1.18.21.22254_inf.zip drivers from SHSpvr.com (I think they are the correct drivers) When I goto the auto tuner it picks up channels and if I use WinTV2000 I can view channels so I know the card works but when I go into GBPVR and click live view, or pick a channel from the TV listings I just get the error message "Video is playing back via TV out press home to exit" and a black screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tar!Smile
in the config.. there is a section for Playback... at the top you will see a dropdown for Hardware Decoder device... Switch it to None-Use Software. the PVR-350/TV-Out is officially a non-supported device now because of issues with the TV/Out that Sub was unable to get Hauppage to support properly... it will still work as a card.. but TV out is None-supported. I too 'had' a PVR350 but since it didnt come with a IR-Blaster it became useless to me. I got a PVR150 and have been vrey happy with the results...

-Tim
The output signal is being sent via the tv-out on the 350.

If you bought this card specifically becuase u wanted to use the (high quality) tv-out of the 350, search the forums for "350" and you will find a lot of threads relating to problems with this aspect of the card. For some it works great and I think Sub recently provided a patch for the latest version that means that it does still work, but isn;t really supported. As such, further help (beyond what has already been posted) may be limited.

If you just bought the 350 to use as a tv tuner, do like sniperdue says.

good luck (and welcome)!
Cheers Guys,

I bought the card to record via GB-PVR, not to botherd about watching live thru it, I just want to be able to record via your interphase... will it work still ?

I have just done a test recording and the resulting mpg was 0 bytes for a 10 minute recording.... so somethings still not setup right, as I said I'm very new to this, and just starting to get my head around it Smile
JononE Wrote:Cheers Guys,

I bought the card to record via GB-PVR, not to botherd about watching live thru it, I just want to be able to record via your interphase... will it work still ?

Yes, this is the card I use and it is a great capture device, however some people (including myself) have never got it to work for playback (live or recorded)

JononE Wrote:I have just done a test recording and the resulting mpg was 0 bytes for a 10 minute recording.... so somethings still not setup right, as I said I'm very new to this, and just starting to get my head around it Smile

What are your capture source settings in the config app, also you could zip and post the .log files from the gbpvr directory..
I have attached all the logs (I didn't know which one) also in the rar file is a picture of the config settings.

As you can see in the picture, BBC1 - BBC2 etc have been given Source Channel 33 - 34 etc when BBC1 should be 55 and BBC2 should be 62.

Cheers for taking the time to look into this for me.

Smile
Got it working - thanks for the help guys... It was a couple of settings I had wrong including the wrong values.

Cheers

<edit>

On a seperate note, I even have the "Watch Live TV" working ???
congratsSmile