NextPVR Forums

Full Version: PVR 350 Image Gripe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all.

This is my first post here, so please be gentle with me Big Grin

I have a PC set up with GBPVR on winXP Pro, using a winTV PVR 350 as the capture/timeshift device. Now, I have everything set up the way I want it, and everything works ok. The pc is being piped through to a 32" widescreen LCD telly, via the DVI port on the graphics card.

I can watch tv through the pc, I can timeshift and record TV, no problem. However, when I am watching telly via the PC, or timeshifting/recording, the tv image is not great. Any image that moves in any way seems to produce jagged lines around the edges of anything on the screen. It looks to me like an interlacing problem, but I cannot find anything regarding changing settings or reg tweaks to stop this from happening. I DL'ed the Hauppauge tweaker, and played with some of the settings on that, but it didn't seem to make any difference.

Could one of you wonderful ppl give me some advice as to what I can do, or am I stuck with this?

Cheers Guys and Gals

Matt
Look for posts by CSY, he's the videocardguru.
It does sound like a lack of de-interlacing.

1) In GBPVR config Misc tab, ensure Preview de-interlacing method is set to 'encoder pass-through'. This will use the video decoder de-interlacing.

2) In GBPVR config Playback tab, ensure hardware decoder is set to 'none'

3) The software video decoder controls what de-interlacing method is used, and this is probably where your problem is. By default they are normally set to 'auto' or 'automatic' which is what you want, so you need to check this setting. The method of viewing and configuring the decoder properties varies depending on which decoder you are using.

4) If you have created a custom resolution in the video card, then make sure it is progressive format (not interlaced).

If the above suggestions don't resolve your issue, then I will need more information:
What software video decoder have you selected in GBPVR config?
Which video renderer have you selected in GBPVR config (VMR9, VMR7, Overlay) ?
What video card are you using?
What video card resolution and refresh-rate are you using?
Are you NTSC or PAL?
So if you turn off hardware decoding while running a PVR350 you have essentially turned it into a PVR150? No extra problems?
antistrange Wrote:So if you turn off hardware decoding while running a PVR350 you have essentially turned it into a PVR150? No extra problems?

Actually to be precise a 250 with a FM tuner, but for all intents and purposes yes
Meaning the 350 is a two chip solution I take it.
What if I have a PVR-350 and will use an ATI 9550 or GeForce6 to a 32" SDTV set? What are all the options I should have?
antistrange Wrote:Meaning the 350 is a two chip solution I take it.

Yep - As understand it the 150 is a 250, but two chips have been combined in to one to improve the cost effectivness of manufacture...

dvasco Wrote:What if I have a PVR-350 and will use an ATI 9550 or GeForce6 to a 32" SDTV set? What are all the options I should have?

Not quite sure what your getting at - you would capture using the 350 and output through the video card...
Yes
Why not use the very good tv output of the pvr350? Just select pvr350 in the gbpvr config menu.

Some people report hang-ups that way, but I've been using that since over two years.

Greetz,
MaBo
Pages: 1 2