NextPVR Forums

Full Version: HDTV Fringe reception, and comparing 3 HDTV Tuner Cards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I used to have a good link to a website that showed coverage areas for virtually all of the broadcast tv stations out there. It actually showed a circle where you 'should' be able to get the signal if you had a good tower, antenna and amplifier. I've been looking for something similar regarding the HDTV stations that are available.

Also, has anyone done comparison testing of the various HDTV tuner cards out there, specifically testing for which has the best fringe reception over the air? My goal is to eventually put up a very tall tower, a preamp and amplifier system, and a rotor. We live in the Dayton, Ohio area, and in the past I have gotten stations from Columbus, Cincinnati, Kentucky and Indiana. (via NTSC - I don't have an HDTV Tuner yet) With a rotor system I could probably pull in two dozen stations. I've never seen any studies done showing which HDTV tuner cards are best for fringe reception.

I am also considering the purchase of 3 HDTV Tuner Cards, all of which have been proven to work fully with gbpvr. Here are the cards:

Kworld atsc-110 - $85

Dvico Fusion HDTV lite - $99 (gold is ~$150, out of my price range)

ATI HDTV Wonder - $85

If anyone has compared 2 or 3 of these cards, I would greatly appreciate an email at fuzzhead72@yahoo.com with your experiences. Whatever I end up with will probably be my "tv" for the next 4 years, so if I can avoid problems, it would be really helpful.
Antennaweb is probably what your looking for.

http://antennaweb.org/