NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Medion CTX 944 quad TV Tuner / Philips 7131/7134 chipset - Analog issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.

I've set up quite a few PCs with GBPVR, not few with PVR 350, so i kow my troubleshooting ;.)

However, I'm struggeling with a friends PC. He just bought a Medion 8808 with the (Aldi) Medion CTX 944 quad TV Tuner / Dual DVB-T based on the Philips 7131/7134 chipset.

I'm stuck getting it to work on the analog side (Cable TV), so I'm wondering if anyone has had any success, and how you then did it?

If you have definitely ruled it out I would of course also like to know.

TIA

Niels
I don't know this card, but if I google for it, I see somewhere that it's a dual DVB-T and dual DVB-S card.

Both these standards are digital, and are not used on a cable.
Hi Edwin.

You're right about the digital part. It should also be possible to make that run with manual editing of the BDA-file.

However, there is also an analog part with dual tuners, which are the ones my friend needs to use (regular cable feed).

I have had the native software up and running just fine, finding the cable channels and even showing two windows with two separate channels live in the UI.

So it's more to find a way to trick GBPVR into accepting the card... Anyone :confused:
I'm guessing this card lacks the hardware MPEG2 encoder on the analog side of things, so wont work with the built in card support in GB-PVR.
Thanks Sub.

I'm pretty sure You're right.

Last hope would be someone had built an emulator of som sort ... Rolleyes

Well, I guess I'll have to tell him that the built in 6 tuners won't do it :eek: at get him to buy a PVR-150 and hope for nice coexistence. Maybe I'll try to do the BDA-editing and then hook the DVB-T up as alternative source for the main channels here in Denmark. They've been digital for a couple of months now.