NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Remote for GBPVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am in the process of setting up GBPVR and would like to know what remote option works the best with GBPVR. I currently have a Firefly Mini Remote (IR) that came bundled with my PVR-500MCE card. I also have a Sony RM-VL600 Universal Remote that has a learning mode. Could I control the GBPVR screens with this setup?

If my current hardware will not work, what would be the best solution for controlling the GBPVR screens? I have regular cable TV with no boxes.
Quote:I currently have a Firefly Mini Remote (IR) that came bundled with my PVR-500MCE card.
I dont have any first hand experience with this remote, but most PC remotes have software or config files which can be use to configure it to sent specific keystrokes to the current app. Assuming this does too, it should be able to be configured to send GB-PVR keystrokes.
My choice is the One for All URC-9910 (or URC-8910). Lets you control up to 8 devices (one of which is my GBPVR system). Its probably overkill for most people, however it is JP1 programmable so it has endless possibilities Smile.

Recently, I even installed the extender (unofficial firmware upgrade) that allows me to use ALL the buttons in every mode. Plus the biggest feature is that the devices buttons are now programmable. Meaning I hit one button for gbpvr and the TV turns on (if not already), the receiver turns on and switches to the right input. This has really increased my wife's acceptance factor since it so easy now.

For ~$20 its a GREAT remote that in my opinion can't be bested by the $100 remotes (my opinion).
I'm also a fan of the JP1 competent One for All URC-9910.

cheval Wrote:Plus the biggest feature is that the devices buttons are now programmable. Meaning I hit one button for gbpvr and the TV turns on (if not already), the receiver turns on and switches to the right input.

Is it possible to program a delay between button presses with the extender? (I need to hit AUX 3 times to get the correct channel). Haven't looked at this for a while, but when I last looked there was a workaround with sending some strange code that took a while to send...
Cheval, what do you use as an IR receiver with the URC 9910 remote?