NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Reskin XRecord?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm thinking about skinning XRecord for Plain Jane / Appearance Manager.

Who out there would be interested?
Me Please, use XRecord, Search and XGuide all the time.
Are there changes in the code required to make it more skinnable?
I have completed XRecord for all of Plain Jane's skins (there are eight). I will start working on FastFind and then Guide2j tonight.
smeghead Wrote:Me Please, use XRecord, Search and XGuide all the time.
Are there changes in the code required to make it more skinnable?

You better believe it. Not all items on screen are positionable (let alone skinnable). Not able to use any resolution above 720x480. I don't care for how the popup backgrounds are semi-transparent.

It has been stated by the developers that they are not able to spend time on these plugins any time soon. They are skinable enough if the original layout is not modified, which for me, is enough of a reason to not bug the developers over.
I tried skinning XRecord about eight months ago but gave up because I couldn't reposition some of the layout elements--I couldn't skin it the way I wanted to.

This time around I know the limitations going into it. I figure if you want it its because you already use it and you like it. You are use to seeing it the way it is and you don't really need me tweaking it.

Checkout the screenshot in my original post. Does that look ok to you?

Fatman does have me concerned about the popup though.
Old Dog Wrote:Checkout the screenshot in my original post. Does that look ok to you?

Yep, looks brilliant
smeghead,
When leaving the xsearch screen I get one of those nebulous errors "unknown instance of an object", or whatever.

You wouldn't happen to have any clues would you?

Leaving now to go home.

Best Regards,
David
I amended the skin for this plugin for bluemce2 a long time ago,

to make it fit better

yes I dont like the semi transparent popups either, but its a very good plugin and I would hate to not have it available

If anybody wants the code let me know

tkgafs
Old Dog Wrote:Fatman does have me concerned about the popup though.

Have you seen this? Especailly if you use a semi-transparent button for popup selections?

Notice also the "line" thru the button as well. There is a very slight trasparency to them to begin with.

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

Since I am using 16pt fonts for buttons, and longer buttons for other languages, I have to move the lists to the right from their original position.
Some selections I was able to "Cheat" on the error in this screenshot by placing spaces in front of the texts string that is out of place. Not this one.

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

EDIT: Looking at the first screenshot, the transparency of the popup is not reflected by the menu buttons, but you can see the background and "Stop" button. Interesting. Don't mean to hijack your thread with my screenshots, just wanted to show you what I found.
tkgafs Wrote:I amended the skin for this plugin for bluemce2 a long time ago,

to make it fit better

yes I dont like the semi transparent popups either, but its a very good plugin and I would hate to not have it available

If anybody wants the code let me know

tkgafs

If I had only known...

Yes, please post your changes for me. I will take the time to redo the XRecord skins with some improvements.

Before I get started, has anyone modified fastfind or guide2j?
Pages: 1 2