NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Ehome IR & Adaptec 3610 Dual Tuner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
newbie here with an IR problem. i got the adaptec 3610 dual tuner bundled with my hp 8000 laptop. works just fine with window MCE (though i havent loaded GBPVR on the laptop)running microsoft media center. However i have another machine which is XP 2 and cannot get the IR to respond whatsoever. I loaded an IR from HIP which is supposed to work with MCE remotes ( mine is the updated remote) and the IR blaster, however it lists the IR blaster in the device manager (usb profiles) as MCE ir not EHOME ( which is whats listed with the MCE laptop). So i copied the driver from my lapto (the mce computer) and tried to change the driver of the IR in my xp2 system. The OS didnt recognize the driver at all. any suggestions? the IR blaster is plugged directly into the adaptec 3610. Thanks !
Smile
Have you tried MS updates?
It seems many MCE updates are adding support for more devices
thanks chuck i have though the problem is that you can only dowload the ehome updates from a microsoft mce updates and the machine i am having difficulty with is xp sp2
I have a similar issue - I have the Adaptec 3610 and I have Win XP Pro. I want to use the TV tuner/recorder capabilities with XP without having to change the OS to MCE. If I install GBPVR on my XP Pro machine, will the Adaptec work...thinking that it has the necessary components of MCE to run? I can't figure out how to use this hardware with XP Pro (it was never intended to run on anything other than MCE). Doesn't make any sense to me, since my home theater already has MCE 2005 running and the system came with good internal video cards...redundant product on the market if most MCE systems already have PVR capabilities).

Thanks
Rich
http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showth...ight=ehome

That should fix it. Let me know if it helps.
I downloaded a trial of BeyondTV 4 and that worked great.