NextPVR Forums

Full Version: File Renaming Utility: AddEpisode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
AddEpisode is a file renaming utility for use with the sqlite database. Used properly, it will rename the recorded file to be more friendly for browsing in windows explorer. The default operation will rename the file to the format: “Show Name - Episode Name” (as well as renaming the comskip files if they exist). If the episode name does not exist, the file will be renamed to this format: “Show Name - Date”. See the included help file or the wiki page for more information.

It can be downloaded here.

This has not been extensively tested, so please tell me of any bugs in the support thread.
anyone who has already downloaded addepisode, should download it again, as i have gotten rid of some debug code that could hinder smooth operation.
...and again, if anyone has another problem, try downloading again, as i had and fixed a problem that had the utility hanging up. I have uploaded the working version (crossing fingers).
A new version of addepisode has been released, and can be downloaded from the wiki.

I have just completed a major overhaul of how the utility works, which has added a huge amount of user configuration possibilities, as well as made it easier for me to add more features in the future.

As usual, only I have tested this utility before releasing it, so i am sure people will find bugs. Feel free to let me know by private message or on the support thread. Remember: I am an amature programmer, and i do this for a hobby, so be tactful when pointing out how stupid I am in your bug reports!
Can you add the "unique_identifier" to the filename? (or even the last 2-4 digits of it) When I was using access, I would add the last 2 or 4 numbers of the unique_identifier to the beginning of the "sub_title" for shows I was recording. Then I could easily sort the directories by number. It helped on shows without season/episode numbers available, like Brainiac, Ancient Mysteries. They show a bunch of them, and repeat a lot.
Oh man! I was just telling myself that I needed something very similar to this program. Does this plug-in have the capability to rename files that are in another format (i.e. PSP format)?

You see, I create a second copy of several of my shows in PSP mp4 format so I can watch them when I travel. These secondary mp4 files do not replace the original ones in the gbpvr database so I am wondering if your utility would be able to function properly when run against such files.

I believe the secondary files have some sort of show data stored as an ID3 tag but I'd have to check. If so, would your tool be able to utilize that information as a renaming basis instead?

Pioneer4x4 Wrote:Can you add the "unique_identifier" to the filename? (or even the last 2-4 digits of it) When I was using access, I would add the last 2 or 4 numbers of the unique_identifier to the beginning of the "sub_title" for shows I was recording. Then I could easily sort the directories by number. It helped on shows without season/episode numbers available, like Brainiac, Ancient Mysteries. They show a bunch of them, and repeat a lot.

This feature would be useful for me as well since shows like my wife's Days of our Lives rarely have a unique title to them.
Pioneer4x4 Wrote:Can you add the "unique_identifier" to the filename?

daphatty Wrote:Does this plug-in have the capability to rename files that are in another format (i.e. PSP format)?

just to keep myself organized, I replied to both of these questions in the support thread.
A new version of addepisode has been released, and can be downloaded from the wiki.
=======================================================

This is just a minor update to add two new renaming tokens. The first will add the unique id, and the second is a way to configure your own "or" type of logic. Read about it more in the help file, the wiki or the support forum.

As usual, only I have tested this utility before releasing it, so i am sure people will find bugs. Feel free to let me know by private message or on the support thread. Remember: I am an amature programmer, and i do this for a hobby, so be tactful when pointing out how stupid I am in your bug reports!
A new version (v0.7014) of addepisode has been released, and can be downloaded from the wiki.

v0.7014: bugfix: Dayname tokens fixed
v0.7013: new feature: redirect to get new filename in batch files

As usual, only I have tested this utility before releasing it, so i am sure people will find bugs. Feel free to let me know by private message or on the support thread. Remember: I am an amateur programmer, and i do this for a hobby, so be tactful when pointing out how stupid I am in your bug reports!
I've noticed that addepisode will generate an error message window when it can't find the file referenced in the database (I occasionally run my postprocessing.bat on files that are not in the database). It would be nice if it would exit a little more gracefully.
Pages: 1 2