NextPVR Forums

Full Version: New Plugin: TV Listings (TV Guide Replacement)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
This plugin is a replacement for the built-in TV Guide.

Features:
  • Same base functionality as the default TV Guide plugin
  • Same “Look & Feel” as the default TV Guide plugin
  • Immediate startup when activating the plugin - the complete listings will be loaded in the background
  • Advanced “Details Popup”:
    • Support for long descriptions (scrollable text)
    • Support for images (*), either loaded from the internet or from harddisk
  • Advanced “Find More Popup”:
    • Search in titles, subtitles or descriptions
    • Search all channels or only the current one
    • Search for all or any words of the title
    • Search for all capitalized words or any capitalized words
    • Search on Amazon (.com, .co.uk, .de, .co.jp, .fr, .ca) for the current keywords
  • Adjustable recording-quality setting for “Quick Record”
  • Option to show only channels marked as “Favourite” in guide
  • Possibility to update scheduled recordings directly
  • Ability to use icons to indicate scheduled recordings in guide
  • Many settings adjustable on the fly in the System/Settings-Screen of GBPVR

Screenshots:

[Image: TVListings_1.jpg]
[Image: TVListings_2.jpg]
[Image: TVListings_3.jpg]
[Image: TVListings_4.jpg]

Download and information:
http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Plugin/TVListings

Support Thread:
http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=18715

-alibert
Just what i need for my longer descriptions - however the WiKi link is passworded?!?
Hi,

stu8080 Wrote:Just what i need for my longer descriptions - however the WiKi link is passworded?!?

Download should work now.

-alibert
I notice since the upgrade to SQLite there was no limit to the length of program descriptions.

I see mine still limited at 255 characters, is this something i need to adjust in GBPVR somehow, or is a skin/plugin limitation?
Hi,

stu8080 Wrote:I notice since the upgrade to SQLite there was no limit to the length of program descriptions.

I see mine still limited at 255 characters, is this something i need to adjust in GBPVR somehow, or is a skin/plugin limitation?

the plugin should show all of the characters of the description string. Are you sure that you're using the sqlite db-provider? In the ohter thread I saw that there was an OleDb exception in your error-message, so I think that you're still using access as database.

-alibert
This looks NICE!!!
By coincidence CKScheduler was also just updated so… v97 here I come for a second try…
Thanks for sharing this!
Jim
one request, can you make it so you can use a graphic for the recording status? ie i want to use a red icon instead of the red background.

also what about the genre colours?

and where are the show images stored? i would like to place some in their manually (and also make my vids save images in there when doing a lookup).

other than that, a really nice looking plugin. i love the way it keeps you on the correct time interval when scrolling up/down the guide.
alibert Wrote:the plugin should show all of the characters of the description string. Are you sure that you're using the sqlite db-provider? In the ohter thread I saw that there was an OleDb exception in your error-message, so I think that you're still using access as database.

Yeah, i must be. im on ver 97.13 and dont have Access installed?

It could be limited by XMLTV data or Birtles Radio times grabber?
Hi,

reven Wrote:one request, can you make it so you can use a graphic for the recording status? ie i want to use a red icon instead of the red background.
Do you mean the colored status bar on top or do you mean the colors for the backgrounds of scheduled programmes?

reven Wrote:also what about the genre colours?
I don't like them - so I didn't include them Wink
But shouldn't be a big problem to include it in the next release.

reven Wrote:and where are the show images stored? i would like to place some in their manually (and also make my vids save images in there when doing a lookup).
They are stored in an additional column 'icon' of the programme-table in the database, where a hyperlink or path to the image is placed.
I'm doing this automatically during PostUpdateEPG (see EpgUpdater for details), but your xmltv-source has to support the <icon>-element.
So, since you're also developing a listings grabber for new zealand, and the websites have images to shows, you should also save the urls to the images when grabbing the information.

-alibert
Hi,

stu8080 Wrote:Yeah, i must be. im on ver 97.13 and dont have Access installed?
You do not have to have access installed to use the gbpvr access database. You can find out if you're using SQLite by having a look in your config.xml, look for a line "DatabaseConnectionString" - if the data source defined there ends with "mdb" you are using the access database, does it end with "db3" you're using sqlite.

stu8080 Wrote:It could be limited by XMLTV data or Birtles Radio times grabber?

No, I don't think so. If you want to be sure that this isn't the limiting component, you'll have to have a look into your xmltv-file.

-alibert
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5