NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Apparently random recording success...?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, I've had a few teething problems to now with bda and muxes and things, but when it works it works fantastic!

Only problem is I get a lot of 0kb recordings where if I try and play them the mvp will crash.. then I check the PC and sure enough it didn't record.

I've watching it to see if I could descern a pattern and then last night's West Wing seemed to show there was none, which is really confusing!!!

Any suggestions much appreciated but basically, WW is on at 8 or 9 pm then repeated at 1 or 2 in the morning. Both were scheduled to record as "record the series" mode with identical settings.

I hadn't touched the PC or MVP between those hours - no progs being recorded or watched. There were no scheduled tasks to run. The PC was not asleep.

BUT

... 9pm show: 0kb, 1am show - recorded sweet as !!!???

What the funky monkey is gwan on?

Cheers!

:confused:
Have you applied the patch from post#7 of the sticky 'v0.97.13 survival guide' thread?
cheers sub, i'll give it a go Smile
I copied NativeUtilities.dll into the gbpvr directory and my existing version appears to be the same, so I'm not sure if that will have an impact. Will report back either way.

Thanks again!
def let us knw how you get on. I am having similar issues an have started using the Microsft mux.
Are you using the cyberlink one ? What version ?
I had a recent spell of all things recording fine but then after a recent power off - which you'd think shouldn't effect anything but maybe bit of interference in the schedule? - had a prog that didn't record. Ok, it was the first episode of Charlotte Church - she's well fit :-)

The version of Cyberlink mux was linked to from here - you download it from some software and copy the mux across then register it. Will be fairly recent.

If that recent good spell repeats then all good. I sometimes thought if I started to watch mid record it might kill it so stopped watching stuff till the slot was over - sort of not the point! Thankfully it mananged to get all episodes of Prehistoric Park between the saturday and sunday showing ;-)
I think I have the same problem.

After using a PVR350 for ages (I was one of the few who had no problems with this device), I decided that there might be something worth recording on the freeview channels and bought both a a Nova T PCI card and a Nova T USB 2. (well why not have both!)

The problem occurs with both Nova T devices which are installed in seperate machines. I reinstalled the machine from scratch i.e., Windows, .Net framework, latest version of GBPVR. I'm using the latest (I believe) drivers from the hauppauge site (2.5e) and have tried using both the microsoft MUX and a CyberLink 0ne.

I have also installed the patch mentioned above.

I get occasional recordings which are 0 bytes long if I'm using the Cyberlink mux or 4k if I'm using the microsoft one.

The patch did improve things a great deal. Before installing the patch I was getting maybe one in three failures and now it is maybe one in 10.

Unfortunately it always seems to pick the things you really wanted when it fails to record.

If anyone has reliabl recording with a Nova T device, could you please advise what driver versions and mux you are using.

Thanks in advance

Dai
I am also seeing similar things. I haven't been able to prove this yet, but are any of you using the 'Show Search' plug in? I think the shows that are causing a problem may be the ones I try to schedule with Show Search... Not confirmed, just the most recent suspect...
I think I have the same problem.

After using a PVR350 for ages (I was one of the few who had no problems with this device), I decided that there might be something worth recording on the freeview channels and bought both a a Nova T PCI card and a Nova T USB 2. (well why not have both!)

The problem occurs with both Nova T devices which are installed in seperate machines. I reinstalled the machine from scratch i.e., Windows, .Net framework, latest version of GBPVR. I'm using the latest (I believe) drivers from the hauppauge site (2.5e) and have tried using both the microsoft MUX and a CyberLink 0ne.

I have also installed the patch mentioned above.

I get occasional recordings which are 0 bytes long if I'm using the Cyberlink mux or 4k if I'm using the microsoft one.

The patch did improve things a great deal. Before installing the patch I was getting maybe one in three failures and now it is maybe one in 10.

Unfortunately it always seems to pick the things you really wanted when it fails to record.

If anyone has reliabl recording with a Nova T device, could you please advise what driver versions and mux you are using.

Thanks in advance

Dai
Sorry for the double post above
Pages: 1 2