NextPVR Forums

Full Version: FreeCom DVB-T
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I have a Nov 2005 and cant get the BDA drivers to work correctly to get it working with any non-Freecom app. Works fine with theirs though and the WDMs.

I have tried EVERY variant of driver known to man! I am thinking its down to the firmware/early version but what can I do about that?

I have tried scan channels with their BDA loaded (tried the Yakumo too - seriously, I have spent way too much time on this).
I does find signals but seems to fail to lock- log attached.

The problem with GBPVR is it will do same, scan channels but return none. Also because of driver issues somehow, it also locks the machine pretty much and I have had to reboot quite a lot - this has varied between a nightmare of completely locked / possible to force shutdown.

It has also blue screened on another app but I realised the driver lights werent even on at that time, I have done a lot of uninstalling/reinstalling the driver. That includes efforts to completely remove the driver.

I am putting it down to bad luck with my h/w release.
I have tested on my W2k unit, that already had the WDM, but y/day on my laptop which I tried with clean XP MC05 .

It exhibited the same strangeness in XP MC05 in that the 1st driver loaded ok, but the second prompt for driver will NOT bet let through windows - you have to FORCE load it. It doesnt come up as a problem in Win DevMgr after that, but does seem suspicuous to it not wokring correctly with BDA.

I have had the same problem with all attempts with variants of driver under various names, on my orig machine.

Will never buy Freecom again if I cant sort this (not a threat of course, just a matter of fact!). Big Grin
It starts with "5A" in the serial by the way....
I am still having problems with my 2006 FreeCom USB DVB-T Stick.

bda.ini

[Freecom DVB]
TUNING_TYPE=DVB-T
FILTER_TUNER=Digital TV Receiver
FILTER_CAPTURE=Digital TV Device Capture
PIN_TUNER_IN=Input0
PIN_TUNER_OUT=MPEG2 Transport
PIN_CAPTURE_IN=MPEG2 Transport
PIN_CAPTURE_OUT=MPEG2 Transport

[Freecom DVB type2]
TUNING_TYPE=DVB-T
FILTER_TUNER=Digital-TV Receiver
FILTER_CAPTURE=Digital-TV Device Capture
PIN_TUNER_IN=Input0
PIN_TUNER_OUT=MPEG2 Transport
PIN_CAPTURE_IN=MPEG2 Transport
PIN_CAPTURE_OUT=MPEG2 Transport

I've been reading posts for a while now but unable to get my Feb 2006 USB FreeCom stick to work correctly. Uninstalled old drivers & loaded latest FreeCom bda drivers & now can use bda. Channels found when using Scanchannelsbda.exe.

Can now MAP Channels only when All channels selected but not when specifying Angus my local transmitter bda89.ini. Checked frequencies at http://www.ukfree.tv/txdetail.php?a=NO394407 and they seem to match bda89.ini.

[TERTYPE]
1=Scotland
2=Angus
[DVB]
0=6
1=C68,850000,0,0,8
2=C66,834166,0,0,8
3=C59,777834,0,0,8
4=C62,801834,0,0,8
5=C56,753834,0,0,8
6=C65,825834,0,0,8

Update EPG freezes part way through with FreeCom LED flashing or permanently green, thus EPG not updated and Live TV does'nt work either.

Tried clean install of latest GBPVR v0.98.13 still same problem with no extras installed.

I think GBPVR is great if I only I can get my DVB-T stick to give me EPG then I can get my wife to record using EPG via MVP when I'm away.

Please Help!, please find attached logs etc, can someone tell me what's wrong! or what I'm doing wrong, this is driving me crazy! (*er).

Unexpected failed in DvbEpgReader.LoadChannels(): System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
at NativeUtilities.BDARecorder.GetPsiParserEPG()
at GBPVR.Backend.Common.DvbEpgReader.LoadChannels(IEpgUpdateProgressCallback callback)

GB-PVR v0.98.13
Hauppauge Media MVP
Freecom DVB-T USB Stick 2006
Hi Gain rooftop Antenna, apparently good signal reception only 10km from transmitter 549M above sea level transmitting 2000Watts, I can pick up TV using a clothes hanger for an antenna! why can I not get EPG to work!

3.0GHZ XP Pro PC SP2 & 1GB RAM 500GB RAID Hard Disk.
AntNe

[INDENT]I would assume that you've correctly installed the drivers although I had to manually select the location each time I was asked. If you've tried installing a few times, it might be better to use the uninstall utility provided with the bda drivers. I found that if I didn't do this then I had to get rid of the .inf file by hand before the install would go correctly.

You don't say whether you've selected all channels or just your specific region. I suggest that you select all channels in your bda device setup.
[/INDENT]

mingdiesel

[INDENT] The scanning frequencies in the main uk bda\0000.ini file and those in the Angus file are different. Just have a look at the frequencies next to the channel numbers. If this worries you, you could always customise 0089.ini to use the 0000.ini frequencies. I did this for my freecom stick and the Bromsgrove transmitter frequencies but have now reverted to using the more generic settings as it saves restoring my edited version each time I upgrade.

I use xmltvgui to scrape the epg from the radio times site. There are a number of threads relating to this. Make sure you empty the epg first. The most time consuming process was sorting out which channels to grab and which channel numbers to assign in the gbpvr config (I tend to be a bit pedantic and prefer the listings in the same order on all boxes in the house). By following the posts I have configured the epg update to call xmltvgui automatically.

[/INDENT].

If you can put your stick in a different machine and install the wdm drivers and freecom's software, you can double check that the device is working reliably. This will help track down faults - I find the bda drivers reliable but I have since given the freecom unit to my daughter.

Hope this helps.

AI