NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Contacting Servers Fails....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I have been having an odd problem as of lately. My MVP seems to have gone on the fritz; most of the time it will stay at the blue screen stating it is "Contacting the Server..." Rarely it will finally find/contact the server and load into the GBPVR menu, but that only happens after about 10 minutes of those lovely white boxes scrolling across the screen. However, if I start the Hauppauge services the MVP will load almost instantly. I have verified that everything is properly connected, DHCP on a Vonage linksys router is running fine and assigns the MVP an IP address. I used a packet sniffer and was able to verify that the computer and the MVP are communicating.

To throw another twist into this problem, the MVP will not load its dongle from the computer unless I have two MVP servers set to start in the config app. I only have one MVP hooked up to the system.

This is an out of the blue behavior for it, as I have never had any issues with it previously. Of course I have not installed anything new recently and the behavior is the same regardless of the firewall being enable or disabled.

I've attached the logs from this evening for any of those who know more about this than I do.

Thanks!
Steve
I always get to the loading application screen - and it hangs their forever (days). I've swapped through multiple dongles, etc. Like Steve, I'm beginning to suspect my MVP has gone bad.

I'll try setting config to load two MPV servers...

Scott
It's not your MVP, it's the dongle.bin. You need Dongle_25_24023b.bin that will fix your problem. I think this MVP/bad dongle problem will be fixed in future releases but for now that dongle should serve you well. Don't forget that just changing the dongle on the GBPVR side doesn't load it on the MVP, you need to unplug the power from the MVP, wait a few seconds, and plug the power back in to get the new dongle loaded after you have changed it in the GBPVR config app.
Where can I download the correct dongle at? I searched the forms and it seems a link was sent in PMs to some, but that doesn't help. I glanced over shspvr, but did not really find anything.

Thanks!
Check your PM.... all you had to do was ask Smile ... just tack your name onto the end of this thread, I get an email, you get a dongle :-).

k.
Thank you for the dongle but that doesn't appear to have sovled the problem. I looked at the bottom of my MVP and I have rev. D1 if that helps at all. I have also noticed that I can not play any videos through the MVP from GBPVR. The recordings work just fine from the computer, however when the MVP finally connects to GBPVR and I attempt to play a recording I will get a black screen and nothing will happen. The odd thing is I can play all the videos through the hauppauge MVP interface with any issues.

It seems like it might be an issue in how GBPVR and the MVP are communicating. But beyond that I am not sure. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Steve
Did you:
Put the new dongle in the gbpvr\dongle folder?
Start the config app and select the new dongle?
Remove power from the MVP? (NOT just turn it off and on).

If any of these steps were not done, you aren't running on the new dongle.
Yup. Did all those steps in the exact order listed. Many many many times.
You did get Dongle_25_24023b.bin right? That is the only one that I could get working at all on my MVP after upgrading to 0.97X

If all else fails go back to 0.96.X with Dongle_25_24023b.bin and you should be OK. I'd bet in the next release this won't be a problem.
guy2545 Wrote:I can not play any videos through the MVP from GBPVR.
What kind of Videos? I don't mean Comics or Thrillers Smile I mean are they mpeg2? If they are AVI's for e.g. then GBPVR has to transcode them and this involves a fair bit of CPU power (plus the right transcoding components) which "can" cause the symptoms you describe. You will need to describe your system in detail, and while I will try, sub is far better qualified to anwser this than I.

Cheers,

k.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5