NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Kworld DVBT 300U - help with bda.ini please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been trying to get my dirt-cheap KWorld USB receiver working with GBPVR. I've downloaded and installed the BDA drivers from the KWorld website, but I'd like some help in setting up the correct bda.ini entry.

The problem is that the same filter (which I think is actually a wrapper for the WDM drivers) is listed in GraphEdit under both the BDA Source and BDA Receiver sections. The attachment includes a screencap from the 'Insert Filters' section of GraphEdit, showing this. I set bda.ini to use KWorld MOD3000 TV receiver as both the TUNER and CAPTURE filter, and this results in it trying to load the same filter twice on scanning channels. The resulting filtergraph naturally won't play and ERROR_DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED shows up in the config.exe-native.log. The same thing happens if I try to run bda.grf (included in the zip) through GraphEdit myself.

Any ideas on what filter I should specify instead? The BDA drivers seem to work, as I tested them with ScanChannelsBDA_EZ166.exe and it was able to tune into all the available channels. The inital section of that program's log reports the following:
Code:
-----------------------
ScanChannelBDA starting
Build - v2.0.0.6
Checking for new BDA DVB-T Cards
  Tuner - KWorld MOD3000 TV receiver
    @device:pnp:\\?\usb#vid_eb2a&pid_17df&mi_00#6&2b4e5c54&0&0000#{71985f48-1ca1-11d3-9cc8-00c04f7971e0}\{2bc59444-39d8-49cb-add5-ab91aa7247ae}
      Finding Demod and Capture filters
        Trying - BDA Slip De-Framer
          @device:pnp:\\?\root#system#0000#{fd0a5af4-b41d-11d2-9c95-00c04f7971e0}\{03884cb6-e89a-4deb-b69e-8dc621686e6a}&global
        Trying - BDA MPE Filter
          @device:pnp:\\?\root#system#0000#{fd0a5af4-b41d-11d2-9c95-00c04f7971e0}\{8e60217d-a2ee-47f8-b0c5-0f44c55f66dc}&global
        Trying - KWorld MOD3000 TV receiver
          @device:pnp:\\?\usb#vid_eb2a&pid_17df&mi_00#6&2b4e5c54&0&0000#{fd0a5af4-b41d-11d2-9c95-00c04f7971e0}\{2bc59444-39d8-49cb-add5-ab91aa7247ae}
      Finished Finding Demod and Capture filters
Finished Checking for new BDA DVB-T Cards
Found BDA device: KWorld MOD3000 TV receiver
No-one has any ideas?
Create your BDA section using the [Hauppauge Nova-T USB2] section as an example. This also uses a combined receiver instead of separate tuner and capture filters.
Hello all, and hello charleski,
I've just purchased the same unit and was looking for a good alternative to the rubbish KWorld software and my travles brought me straight here.
I'm completely new to PVR but was hoping you could keep us (and me Smile ) posted if you get this unit working in GB-PVR. If you do, a bit of information on how as well would be extremely useful.
Thanks,
X10
Thanks sub, that worked, I must have missed seeing the receiver-only entries in the ini. The Wiki should be updated as it only mentions cards with separate filters for tuner and capture, which was where I got confused (I've posted a suggestion in the documentation forum).

X10: to get the unit working, add the following to bda.ini file located in the main gbpvr folder.

Code:
[Kworld DVB-T 300U USB]
TUNING_TYPE=DVB-T
RECEIVER_ONLY_MODE=1
FILTER_RECEIVER=KWorld MOD3000 TV receiver
PIN_RECEIVER_IN=Antenna In Pin
PIN_RECEIVER_OUT=MPEG2 Transport

I'm currently working on getting the Remote to work properly, looks like I'll have to edit some of the registry mappings as well as the gbpvr xml. I'll report back when I have something decent.
Quote:X10: to get the unit working, add the following to bda.ini file located in the main gbpvr folder.

Code:
[Kworld DVB-T 300U USB]
TUNING_TYPE=DVB-T
RECEIVER_ONLY_MODE=1
FILTER_RECEIVER=KWorld MOD3000 TV receiver
PIN_RECEIVER_IN=Antenna In Pin
PIN_RECEIVER_OUT=MPEG2 Transport
Thanks, I'll include this in the master bda.ini file.
Ok, here's the fix to make the KWorld remote work properly with gbpvr.

Just unzip the folder and double-click on RemoteConfig.bat, the rest will be self-explanantory.

I gave up on editing the gbpvr keymappings Smile, it just maps the remote to the standard keys used in gbpvr.
Hello charleski and sub.
Thank you very much for the information you posted Smile

X10
Just trying to get my one of these setup and having a few probs. If I leave gbpvr to scan all regions/all countries it BSOD's part way through. If I just select UK I've got to go through all the transmitters to find one closest/best which given my location on the isle of man could be anywhere Smile

Did yours do that? What version/patches of gbpvr & kworld drivers are you running?
Kristan Wrote:Just trying to get my one of these setup and having a few probs. If I leave gbpvr to scan all regions/all countries it BSOD's part way through. If I just select UK I've got to go through all the transmitters to find one closest/best which given my location on the isle of man could be anywhere Smile

Did yours do that? What version/patches of gbpvr & kworld drivers are you running?
Yes, I had the same problem. Even though I know my transmitter, I found the best thing to do was to let it scan all regions and keep an eye on the channels found. Once it had picked up all the channels I wanted I just aborted the scan and proceeded from there.

I'm probably missing a few shopping channels, but strangely that doesn't keep me up at night Smile.
Pages: 1 2