NextPVR Forums

Full Version: MVP Poor Picture quality & video seek problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using my MVP simply to stream mpgs & Avi's from downloaded TV shows at the moment but I have noticed that the picture is terrible. I am using UK Scart but have none of the green bar problems other people seem to experience.

The picture appears very grainy, dark and the sound hisses slightly in the background. I know the video quality is fine as they play very well on my LCD monitor. Also this is happening on the main GBPVR menu with fonts difficult to read especially on the weather plugin. Any thoughts/known problems/fixes/tweaks anyone?

Also the rewind/fastforward commands dont seem to work on video playback, I was hoping for funtionality akin to media player classic which jumps seemlessly from point to point in the file and rewinds without stutter.
techjinx Wrote:Also the rewind/fastforward commands dont seem to work on video playback, I was hoping for funtionality akin to media player classic which jumps seemlessly from point to point in the file and rewinds without stutter.

Only mpegs can be played directly by the MVP. Avi's have to be transcoded first, (possibly on the fly). Therefore you can't ff or skip.
Wrt the quality, check your scart-cable. quality problems with the mvp are quite rare. Maybe something in the tv-scart-setting.
HtV Wrote:Maybe something in the tv-scart-setting.

What should it be set to for the best MVP picture? It shares the 2nd Scart socket with my DVD player so I've left the settings the same as for that :confused:
HtV Wrote:Only mpegs can be played directly by the MVP. Avi's have to be transcoded first, (possibly on the fly). Therefore you can't ff or skip.
Wrt the quality, check your scart-cable. quality problems with the mvp are quite rare. Maybe something in the tv-scart-setting.

Turned out to be an obscure scart setting for the TV and interferreance when my sky box was on at the same time, video looks great now thanks. Big Grin
GreatSmile
So why the original Hauppauge software manage to ff or skip even AVI files?
I've been able to ff and/or skip while watching an avi, but only when the transcoding is far enough ahead of where I am watching. Usually what I'll do is start up the avi, immediately pause it until I've built up about a 2 minute buffer.