NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Directv and OTA HDTV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Me again...Big Grin

I currently have over the air HDTV signal and want to get Directv...of course I also want to have a PVR that will record and playback, pause, change channels, etc on both systems. On to my questions now...

Can I put 2 tuners in gbpvr and use one for Directv and the other for the OTA HDTV and be able to operate both with the same remote?

Has anyone done this, and if so, what tv cards were used? I currently have 2 of the Kworld ATSC-110 Digital/Analog HDTV Tuner cards, will I be able to have 2 of the same card in the pvr and operate one for HDTV and the other for Directv?

My main concern is being able to record one program, be it on HD or Directv, and watch another on either as well.

Any answers would be massively apprecitated!!
sdamron Wrote:Me again...Big Grin

I currently have over the air HDTV signal and want to get Directv...of course I also want to have a PVR that will record and playback, pause, change channels, etc on both systems. On to my questions now...

Can I put 2 tuners in gbpvr and use one for Directv and the other for the OTA HDTV and be able to operate both with the same remote?

Has anyone done this, and if so, what tv cards were used? I currently have 2 of the Kworld ATSC-110 Digital/Analog HDTV Tuner cards, will I be able to have 2 of the same card in the pvr and operate one for HDTV and the other for Directv?

My main concern is being able to record one program, be it on HD or Directv, and watch another on either as well.

Any answers would be massively apprecitated!!
I'm sure others will chime in with more info, but to summ it up, I think the answer is yes. You can have multiple tuners with different EPG sources. As long as you have supported hardware, you should be OK.