NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Getting Video to the TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I guess I am a bad computer geek!

I am building a media center computer, nothing fancy, PIII - 1ghz, 512RAM, XP Pro, so I buy a ATI Theatre 550 Pro TV tuner card. Comes today, I am thinking great, I can get this in tonight and start tweaking it. Well I slowly realize that this TV tuner card has no TV output. I guess this is where me being a moron comes into play, I just assumed that a TV tuner card would have a TV out. It has two inputs for AV and TV and one FM tuner input.

So my question is now, I guess I have to go get a Video card with TV out, so does the quality of the video card here have any affect on my TV watching ability? Its not HD TV, it will just be regular cable and some DVD's. I just really hate to go spend another 60-70 bucks on this project for a video card with TV-out if I can get away with a cheaper 30-40 dollar one. Or even barring that .. is there a TV tuner card that has a TV out?

Any ideas? Thanks!!!

Undeadlord
30-40 Dollars would seem fine to me....I just ordered a nVidia 6200 AGP card with 128mb of ram for 33..well 38 after shipping.....