NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Diamond PVR560
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I can't seem to get GB to detect my Diamond PVR560. This is a Conexant Falcon based card. Is this supported? If not, has anyone gotten this card to work in GB?
I've never heard of it. If you're lucky, you maybe able to adding a new section to direct.ini file, with the appropriate names for your device. You can use GraphEdit to find those names.
I know the device ID. Is the device name something different then how it would be listed in Device Manager? The Diamond XtremeTV PVR560 is relatively new, as is the Conexant Falcon chipset.
Quote: Is the device name something different then how it would be listed in Device Manager?
Yes. You'd need to download GraphEdit (google for it) to find the appropriate names for your device.
I couldn't figure out what I needed to do with GraphEdit, but I have another PVR application with a graph for the Conexant Falcon. So I copied this into the Device file. I can watch TV now, but I have a new problem. GBR doesn't recognize the card's hardware decoder. Any thoughts on this?
Reproduce the probem, then zip and attach the logs and I'll take a look.

GB-PVR will always use the hardware encoder. It expects data coming from the device to be in MPEG2 format.
sub Wrote:Reproduce the probem, then zip and attach the logs and I'll take a look.

GB-PVR will always use the hardware encoder. It expects data coming from the device to be in MPEG2 format.

I should clarify. I meant that under playback options, there is no Hardware Encoder specified. I assumed because of this that it's not using the encoder. I'm not really sure how I can test if it's using it or not. It is an MPEG2 encoder.
Thats setting is for a hardware DEcoder. Thats all about playback rather than video capture.

GB-PVR always uses the hardware MPEG2 encoder on analog capture devices. In fact, it wont work with devices that dont have a hardware MPEG2 encoder.
Thanks. I was going through your instructions on getting filter info from GraphEdit. Problem. I don't have any filters (besides those you say to ignore) under BDA Receiver Components or BDA Source Filters. Here's everything I have entered in direct.ini. Note that I am missing the pin info. Do you forsee any problems?

Code:
[Conexant Falcon]
INIT_MODE=ECP
INIT_MSP=0
SUPPORTS_FM_RADIO=1
BLACKBIRD=1
CONEXANT=1
FILTER_CROSSBAR=Conexant Falcon Crossbar
FILTER_CAPTURE=Conexant Falcon Video Capture
FILTER_TV_TUNER=Conexant Falcon Tuner
FILTER_TV_AUDIO=Conexant Falcon TvAudio
FILTER_ENCODER=Conexant Falcon Encoder
zanehuck Wrote:Thanks. I was going through your instructions on getting filter info from GraphEdit. Problem. I don't have any filters (besides those you say to ignore) under BDA Receiver Components or BDA Source Filters. Here's everything I have entered in direct.ini. Note that I am missing the pin info. Do you forsee any problems?

Code:
[Conexant Falcon]
INIT_MODE=ECP
INIT_MSP=0
SUPPORTS_FM_RADIO=1
BLACKBIRD=1
CONEXANT=1
FILTER_CROSSBAR=Conexant Falcon Crossbar
FILTER_CAPTURE=Conexant Falcon Video Capture
FILTER_TV_TUNER=Conexant Falcon Tuner
FILTER_TV_AUDIO=Conexant Falcon TvAudio
FILTER_ENCODER=Conexant Falcon Encoder
Surely that doesnt work!? Ok, it could if all the pins for this device were the same as the defaults (which were based on PVR250 names).

You really should have a complete definition, including all the pin names.

For this device you should have INIT_MODE=DEFAULT

Quote:I was going through your instructions on getting filter info from GraphEdit. Problem. I don't have any filters (besides those you say to ignore) under BDA Receiver Components or BDA Source Filters.
You must have been reading some instructions for adding a digital device in the bda.ini file. For analog card being added to direct.ini, you dont need to look in the BDA Receiver or BDA Source categories. Instead, you need to look in the filter categories at the bottom of the list with names like 'WDM Streaming Capture Devices' and 'WDM Streaming Crossbar devices' etc.
Pages: 1 2