NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Hauppage PVR150 Low Profile
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking at setting my girlfriend's new (to her) PC up with a TV tuner so she can PVR her own shows and stop filling the disk on my HTPC... Big Grin

Here's the sitch. It's a Dell Optiplex GX260 system I was gifted from my work. it takes half height PCI/AGP cards (one slot each). The other limitation is that, unless I pony up to buy a copy of Windows XP, I am stuck with Windows 2000 (not that bad of a situation, but read on).

Hauppage's site mentions Win2000 support for the regular PVR150, but not for the low profile PVR150. The product details page for the low pro card says XP and XP MCE only. So.... question for anyone who runs these cards - is it the same driver, low profile or not? As best I can tell, it is. And if it is, I highly suspect the low profile PVR150 would work just fine with Windows 2000.

Either way, I've been very happy with GBPVR thus far and you better believe that will be the software she's using.

thanks in advance....
SickBoy Wrote:I'm looking at setting my girlfriend's new (to her) PC up with a TV tuner so she can PVR her own shows and stop filling the disk on my HTPC... Big Grin

Here's the sitch. It's a Dell Optiplex GX260 system I was gifted from my work. it takes half height PCI/AGP cards (one slot each). The other limitation is that, unless I pony up to buy a copy of Windows XP, I am stuck with Windows 2000 (not that bad of a situation, but read on).

Hauppage's site mentions Win2000 support for the regular PVR150, but not for the low profile PVR150. The product details page for the low pro card says XP and XP MCE only. So.... question for anyone who runs these cards - is it the same driver, low profile or not? As best I can tell, it is. And if it is, I highly suspect the low profile PVR150 would work just fine with Windows 2000.

Either way, I've been very happy with GBPVR thus far and you better believe that will be the software she's using.

thanks in advance....
Bear in mind that Windows 2000 does not support 3 of the 4 rendering modes that GB-PVR uses, and if you have a problem the only solution may be to upgrade to WinXP, like I did: http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=19283 (GX260 as well).

Hauppauge posted a driver on their site labelled BETA for the PVR 150, that if you download it has a readme file that proclaims the return of support for Win2K. Perhaps the driver on the low-profile card will not work, but you can get this beta driver. It may also describe which cards it supports.
OK, thanks for the forewarning. I think I'll probably go ahead and order it, worst case scenario is that I have to buy a copy of Windows XP for this machine at some point.