NextPVR Forums

Full Version: MVP Visible Screen Redraw with 98.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After install of GBPVR v98.8 with the new dongle.bin there is a flash and visible screen redraw of the plugin I'm exiting before the screen returns to the Main Menu. I switched the dongle back to 25_23207 and exiting to the Main Menu is normal again. With this dongle I still can get video in the panel. Is there any feature (stability etc.) in the new dongle to recommend it over the other? The MVP is rev D3A.
Quote:After install of GBPVR v98.8 with the new dongle.bin there is a flash and visible screen redraw of the plugin I'm exiting before the screen returns to the Main Menu.
Its not something I've noticed.

Quote:I switched the dongle back to 25_23207 and exiting to the Main Menu is normal again. With this dongle I still can get video in the panel.
The dongle.bin I've provided with v0.98.8 is the very first dongle to include this video in the window feature, so I doubt you have it working with any older dongle. If you look carefully you may find you're only seeing a small part of the much bigger video, rather than a resized video window.
sub, i've noticed the repaint flash as well on the main menu. Seems to be a double draw. but i'm running the VA panel for the first time, so i'm not sure if that is somehow causing the second paint.
[QUOTE=
The dongle.bin I've provided with v0.98.8 is the very first dongle to include this video in the window feature, so I doubt you have it working with any older dongle. If you look carefully you may find you're only seeing a small part of the much bigger video, rather than a resized video window.[/QUOTE]

My apologies, Sub. The video is just a crop of the screen with the older dongle. But the plugin screen does redraw again before exit to the main menu, using the new dongle.bin.
I noticed this as well on my MVPs (one is D3A and the other H2), as soon as I got the new dongle on them. I haven't tried the video in panel at all yet, so it doesn't appear to be related to that. If I exit from the recordings screen back to the main menu, the recordings screen redraws before the main menu appears, causing a flickering effect. I do NOT see this happen, however, when going from the TV guide screen back to main menu.
I also see the screen redraw then new screen when exiting on MVP with new 98.8 dongle.
After exploring more last night, the redraw of the screen before returning back to the main menu happens on all plugins I have installed (recordings, tvlistings, my videos, video library, photo library, music library, weather, sports scores, gmail, search guide, system) EXCEPT FOR TV Guide, which does not do it.

It even occurs when going back to the main menu from a sub menu.
Yes I see this too (D3A). It seems to happen in all circumstances when exiting a plugin, even when using the remote to go directly to another plugin (e.g. pressing pictures when in music). It's an irritation but obvioulsy not a show stopper.
Ah, is this if you select the 'back' button? Does it behave differently if you press the home/menu button?
Just did some tests. And yes, the redraw occurs if I press the back button, but not if I press the menu button.

I also have to correct my previous statement about direct moves from, for example , music to pictures. The double draw does not happen in this circumstance. I must have been imagining things.
Pages: 1 2