NextPVR Forums

Full Version: MVP H3 DVD playback problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have a version H3 MVP running 98.8 and when I navigate to my video library I see the fake .dvd file but playing it causes the MVP to go to a black screen and hang. MP3s play fine (although the MVP is a lot slower to respond once one is playing).

Are there any additional codecs or software I need to install? I have the cyberlink DVD player on my computer and the VOBs play fine on that as well as on my X-box running XBMC.

My host PC is a dual Athlon XP 2100 with 1gb ram. Is that adequate for use as an MVP server?

My network is 10/100 hardwired to the MVP. I do have 2 switches in between the host and the MVP but a laptop connected to the same port seems to function fine (quick internet webpage loading, file transfer, etc). Is there something I should use to measure throughput or tweaks that should be made to the host machine?

Any help would be hugely appreciated. This software would be exactly what I've been searching for if I can get it to work. The only reasonable priced alternative is a XBMC X-Box and I'd rather have the thin client MVP since it's located in a bedroom.

Thanks in advance.