NextPVR Forums

Full Version: MVPMC alternative
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Was wondering if this can be used as replacement for stock dongle.bin, I ask since it supports AC3 and VOB playback.
Why are you asking that question here?
Don't really understand mvpmc, but from what i gather it's an alternative for mvp dongle.bin. Correct me if i'm wrong.
It won't work directly with GB-PVR. It can play videos from a Windows machine, using Windows file sharing. Go here http://www.mvpmc.org/ for more info.
Understood, just wish the MediaMVP can be used to it's full potential. As I saw on this article http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/haup...index.html that the hardware was fully capable of more, as the mvpmc have proven by implementing ac3 and vob decoding.
It does have an emulation mode that works with GBPVR to some degree. I don't think it is fully functional yet. Even so, unless GBPVR supported those functions, I don't think mvpmc would play them. However, with mvpmc, you possibly could switch between emulation mode to use GBPVR and regular mode where you could play VOBs from a share on your server. Just download mvpmc, put the file in your dongle directory with a .bin extension, and try it out. You can always switch back.
Supposedly the MediaMVP is incapable of AC3. It's hardware.

However, I have been using my MVP with a Dolby ProLogic Amp, and get surround sound (4 speakers) It's very good.

And the Vobs can be transcoded to MPGs that play perfectly...

I know that that's not exactly the answer to the question. It just seems to be a limitation we'll have to live for a while
zehd...

I don't think you're getting four digital channels of sound out of the MVP? The MVP only has two analog sound connectors, left stereo channel and right stero channel.

I have an MVP plugged into a Dolby ProLogic Receiver too and I can set it to a 'simulated' 5.1 channel surround sound mode which sounds fair but it's not true Dolby 5.1 surround sound which would require a digital output or 6 channel analog out of the MVP.
Don't the newer MVPs have an SPDIF ouput?
To clarify a few things

1) one of the functions in mvpmc is something I called Emulation Mode which does support GB-PVR to a limited extent. My first release was not really valuable for for anything but occasional use with GB-PVR, because it only had the mneu navigation keys plus play, pause, and stop. I've since been improving it, with the help of some members from this forum, and I now have ff/rw/skip/replay and OSD and even the smaller video mode from .98.8 ready for the next alpha. By the time it hits beta I expect some pretty good things.

2) The Hauppauge protocol is a client-server protocol so most of the improvements have to come via the client. For example VOB, OGG, and FLAC files could probably be passed fairly easily with minor changes to mvpmc, but the gb-pvr server would then need to be heavily modified to make sure the remote control keys worked logically.

3) The MediaMVP has digitital output which does support PCM and AC3 passthrough and it can be enabled by mvpmc and therefore works with gbpvr if the stream is there. I added a TOSLINK to one of my older boxes which I have hooked up to my stereo. The new Model H's I've seen have digital out and work with my stereo too. I don't know if they are bit perfect or anything about things like jitter, but it does sound sweet to me. Plus the audio output level is much higher.

4) Although I'm happy to answer questions that might improve your experiece with GB-PVR on this forum, please use http://www.mvpmc.org for all other questions or comments.

Martin.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5