NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Hauppauge Remote without PVR-150 card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have setup a GBPVR server that I am very happy with now and I am getting ready to finish setting up 2 clients using the new version of GBPVR (0.9808). Since the clients will not include a tuner card in either, I would like to reuse the Hauppauge 45 button remotes on those 2 systems. What would be the best way to implement this to work with GBPVR? I do have 1 Actisys IR-200L available and I could also buy any number or IR receivers if need be... I am just unsure of a combination of hardware / software + config to make this work... Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

BTW the new streaming features are freaking awesome!
Your going to have to get some sort of IR reciver. I went about the same route you did. I bought an IRMON thinking it would work with my Hauppauge remote. It did not. I guess it doesn't support the toggle bit. So my next receiver was a MS Media center remote/receiver. It came with its own remote so now I still have an extra.

One other option is to build a serial remote reciver from parts at your local electronics store. I did this route too and it worked for a while.

In most of these cases your going to need interface software to take the IR signals and convert them to key presses a send them to your application. I have used HIP and Girder Both work. HIP is free Girder is fairly cheap.
I had a feeling that might be the answer. Thanks!
I got this
http://cgi.ebay.com/Serial-Infrared-Remo...dZViewItem
and am very happy with it.
I use the 45 button remote with it, and set it up with HIP using the girder plugin.
(just make sure to use the .dll from his link)
it is faster and more reliable than the sensor that plugged into the card.

I am sure it is the same as making one, but I really didnt want to do that.
This looks like the handmade unit I was refereing to in my post. If you can solder you can search google for plans. I think I found the plans when I was looking at winlirc. The girder plugin works. I still think it had trouble with my hauppague remote. It didn't respond to every button push every time. agian I think it has to do with a toggle bit in the ir transmission. I'm not really sure. If you can get your hands on a MCE receiver and HIP it works. I have also seen some place on the web a way to mod your IR receiver on your mobo (if you have the correct header) to accept remote codes. I have no experience with this method so I cant offer any help.

Good Luck
I have a Hauppauge remote (Non-MCE) that I received with a PVR150. I am setting up a frontend machine in my living room. What can I use on my frontend machine to receive the codes from the remote??????

Thanks in Advance!!!!
Anyone have a remote setup that controls your TV, VCR, PVR, and DVD/Surround Sound???
logitech harmony, they should control everything, since they can read the IR codes from other remotes
Can anyone point me to a low cost IR receiver?
I've built my own IR receiver before. http://winlirc.sourceforge.net/ It's very cheap, works perfectly but needs some tinkering to initially build and configure.
Pages: 1 2