NextPVR Forums

Full Version: latest Dongle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just installed 98.8 from 96.12 (yeah, really got scared to upgrade), in any case, I just noticed that the new dongle causes a much blurrier picture than the older dongle as far as the menu and interface is concerned. Is this normal?
I've not noticed any difference myself.
I've noticed no difference in video quality on the PC nor on my MVPs when I went from 97.13 to 98.8.
fhmanas Wrote:I just installed 98.8 from 96.12 (yeah, really got scared to upgrade), in any case, I just noticed that the new dongle causes a much blurrier picture than the older dongle as far as the menu and interface is concerned. Is this normal?

I've had my MVP go rather blurry before, almost like there were two copies of all the text slightly off from each other. Unplugging the power and reloading once or twice cleared it up. I've also had it where the MVP suddenly seemed like it zoomed in. Instead of seeing the whole picture it was cropping the outer 10 or 20 pixels of each side or something like that. A reboot also clears that up. I guess it just freaks out after a while and needs a break.
No difference in the quality of the picture for me either.
This is probably a stupid question, but does the video-in-window function only work with the default blue skin, or does it need to be "switched on" in a config file? I'm using Contour HC and don't see the video-in-window?
Several skins support it. I'm not sure whether Contour HC does or not.
Yes it does.
[QUOTE=bungle]I've had my MVP go rather blurry before, almost like there were two copies of all the text slightly off from each other. Unplugging the power and reloading once or twice cleared it up.[QUOTE]

Prior to 98.8 I used to get this sporadically and the unplug/reload cycle always fixed it. However, with 98.8 I get either completely illegible or rather blury after repeated power cycles. I've been living with it, but it seems like something changed. FWIW, I have the MVP hooked up via composite cables because my DVD player goes to my ancient TV's only s-video port. I guess I could swap them and see if that helps, but I'd rather have the better picture quality for DVD's.
Its likely just some bug in either the Hauppauge dongle or the actual hardware. I've seen it two or three times in the last couple of years. As pointed out above, just reboot it and it should be ok.
sub Wrote:Its likely just some bug in either the Hauppauge dongle or the actual hardware. I've seen it two or three times in the last couple of years. As pointed out above, just reboot it and it should be ok.

I'm guessing it is the dongle. Previously I could reboot it and get rid of the occasional fuzzy display, but now the fuzzy display is the *best* I can get, otherwise the menus are almost completely illegible.
Pages: 1 2