NextPVR Forums

Full Version: MVP stutters for ~2 s at the start of every recording.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been using a wired (cross-over) connection to my MVP. Since 98.8 MVP stutters (repeats the same sequence twice) for ~2 s at the beginning of every recording. This is not a really big issue but if possible I’d like to know if this is unique to my system or others can see similar behavior?

Regards,
Krys
Its normal. It takes a second or two to tell the MVP to start playing the new file.
sub, I also tried to play with a wireless (WGA54G) connction and had an impression the fenomena caused MVP-to-WGA wired connection to die. Is it possible?

Krys
I dont really know. I wouldnt think so.
Hi tipstir,
thanks for your advice, I'll try the network tweaks this coming weekend but I wouldn’t bet on it.
My problem seems to be very consistent and only happens at the beginning of every show I play through my MVP. Simply put the first 1 to 2 seconds of every playback are ALWAYS repeated. After that there is no stuttering even with highly fragmented files and my two tuners recording. It’s not a big problem and if it is specific to my system then it has definitely appeared with the installation of 98.08.

And for all who need to know I’m a he Krys ;-).

Krys
Hi Krys,

Just to confirm this happens on my setup too (straight-through UTP cable from my router). I can also confirm this appeared to start with 0.98. It doesn't really bother me so I look on it as more of a curiosity.

I'm wondering if it could be as a result of the new dongle.

Cheers,
Brian
I don't know if it's the same thing but I get a quick speed up. Like missing frames. It's definitely a recording issue not a delivery issue, MVP and PC. My guess is it's Hauppauge related.
bgowland Wrote:I'm wondering if it could be as a result of the new dongle.
Sorry to quote myself but this does seem to be a dongle.bin issue.

I just went back to an older version of the dongle and tried playing a couple of recordings. Aside from the slight delay to allow buffering to the MVP, the recordings played from the beginning without the backward jump.

Switching back to the latest dongle introduces the situation where it plays for a couple of seconds then jumps back to the beginning again then plays normally.

Over to Hauppauge...

Cheers,
Brian
I'd noticed this as well with the newer dongles. On the older ones, instead of the backwards skip, there was garbage decoded for half a second. I think I prefer the skip to the garbage though.