NextPVR Forums

Full Version: OSD with latest dongle..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have found the latest dongle from Hauppauge to produce best results in terms of network connection/reconnection after rebooting. Trial and error suggested to me that many of the previous versions cause all sorts of problems - ended up unplugging the MVP more times than I'd have liked..

BUT!! -- The OSD for volume and navigation, while looking good, are immensely annoying. Especially when they stay on screen, about 50% of the time in my case. And hitting "record" to "record now" when watching live TV causes a yellow box filling half the screen to appear..

Will future releases suppress the OSD, as earlier versions did..? I hope so!!
Do you have problems with the latest gbpvr-98.08 dongle? It's new as well.
smeke Wrote:Have found the latest dongle from Hauppauge to produce best results in terms of network connection/reconnection after rebooting. Trial and error suggested to me that many of the previous versions cause all sorts of problems - ended up unplugging the MVP more times than I'd have liked..

BUT!! -- The OSD for volume and navigation, while looking good, are immensely annoying. Especially when they stay on screen, about 50% of the time in my case. And hitting "record" to "record now" when watching live TV causes a yellow box filling half the screen to appear..

Will future releases suppress the OSD, as earlier versions did..? I hope so!!

What is your definition of the latest Hauppauge dongle? There have been two that I have that were released in September that are newer than distributed with gbpvr and all three have less OSD then earlier versions for me. Since as far as I can tell gbpvr doesn't send any commands to do volume control OSD in video mode (I don't know what happens in live tv mode), it may be you aren't actually using one of the newer dongles.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:What is your definition of the latest Hauppauge dongle? There have been two that I have that were released in September that are newer than distributed with gbpvr and all three have less OSD then earlier versions for me.

Have you tried these 2 newer dongles ? If so, whitch one works best for you and what MPV rev. do you use?
SuMo Wrote:Have you tried these 2 newer dongles ? If so, whitch one works best for you and what MPV rev. do you use?

I have tried all 3 on MVP models E1, D3A, and H1 but I am not an average gbpvr user so my opinion wouldn't be typical. In day-to-day use, I never use my MVP for video, for me it is an audio device (and a great one). Also when I really look at the dongle I analyze how it works with both Hauppauge and gbpvr to see how they send and receive commands since I am trying to develop a compatible dongle. It is challenging because there is no perfect solution or combination.

My suggestion for gbpvr users would be to use what sub is recommending, since that is a combination that would be well tested. For stability, I haven't found anything different or better in the newer dongles. Over time other users my have different findings with other dongles so it won't hurt to actively follow this forum.

Martin
Ok, th@nx Martin. I'll stick to the gbpvr dongle since this one works raher well.
I'm also using the MVP for audio mainly (although the wife and kids like the EPG and video abilities)Rolleyes