NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Support for AVerTV Purity 3D MCE 250?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was looking at the ATI Theater 550 Pro until I read the review of the AVerTV Purity 3D MCE 250 at HTPCnews where they compared the two cards.

AVerTV Purity 3D MCE 250 Review

I was amazed how much sharper the AverTV 250 was in the resolution charts. I don't know if it was the test setup that might have caused the difference but AverTV's website has it for $59, so I'd like to give it a try.

AverTV for $59

Big question is if it will work with Gbpvr. I saw another post here about the card but they never said if they got it working with Gbpvr. Anyone know if it does or will be supported in the future? Anyone have any experience with this card?
To be honest, I dont know if it works or not. If its enough like one of the Hauppauge cards, or one of the ATI cards, then you might get lucky and be able to get it working by adding a new section to direct.ini.

I dont personally have one of these cards, or any contacts at AverMedia to give me one, so I dont see me adding native support for it any time soon.