NextPVR Forums

Full Version: HVR-1300 Analog issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I normally use the digital DVB tuner but sometime I check if analog could work as well. So far Everytime I checked tuner failed to work.
The result I have now is pretty different from previous in fact the tuner seems blocked to ch. 41 instead tuning ch. 5 or 7 with no sound at all.
Attached are logs and lastgraph
Quote:The result I have now is pretty different from previous in fact the tuner seems blocked to ch. 41 instead tuning ch. 5 or 7 with no sound at all.
Come again? I dont understand what you mean.

If you running the Tuning Assistant, do you see the analog channels through your HVR-1300?
sub Wrote:Come again? I dont understand what you mean.

If you running the Tuning Assistant, do you see the analog channels through your HVR-1300?
First, thanks for the answer.
Now I try to explain better.
I have two HVR-1300 cards all working properly while in DVB-T tuning.
To receive analog transmissions I need analog tuner of the cards working, hence I configured all analog tuners as Analog HVR-1300 (ex roslyn) in GBPVR configuration.
Tuning assistant, wont work if you have more than one card installed, then I manually configured all the available channels.
The behavior now is:
- If I select one of the analog channels tuning is fixed to ch 41 either is the configured ch.
- GBPVR allows set up a recording exceeding the two available (2 recordings already set on Digital tuners) if the tuner involved is analog.

Thanks again Sub
Quote:Tuning assistant, wont work if you have more than one card installed, then I manually configured all the available channels.
It should at least work for the first HVR-1300. Does it?

Quote:- GBPVR allows set up a recording exceeding the two available (2 recordings already set on Digital tuners) if the tuner involved is analog.
If you tweak the bda.ini and direct.ini so that the device is called [Hauppauge HVR-1300] in both files then it wont allow this to occur. It uses these names to decide if the device is the same for both analog/digital. If you do this, please post the sections from these files and I'll include in the master files. I dont really have that much knowledge of this device (dont know filter names etc), so I've never got around to doing it myself.
sub Wrote:It should at least work for the first HVR-1300. Does it?
No it doesn't

sub Wrote:If you tweak the bda.ini and direct.ini so that the device is called [Hauppauge HVR-1300] in both files then it wont allow this to occur. It uses these names to decide if the device is the same for both analog/digital. If you do this, please post the sections from these files and I'll include in the master files. I dont really have that much knowledge of this device (dont know filter names etc), so I've never got around to doing it myself.
it?
Thanks I'll try that.

Sorry Sub if I'm late in ansering you but I've still to solve an ntfs error problem affecring my system a year now. It should be the mainbord. I've interested friends I have in AMD and Microsoft but I don't think they will solve anyway.
Fortunatly I always have an image of the system I put back when the one installed become unusable.
------->>>><<<<-------!!!!!
I write here because the argument is not pertinent with the forum but could help those people having instability problem
The board I'm talking about is the ASUS A7V600-X and CPU Sempron 2800+
The NTFS problem was due to VCore voltage too high. When I bought the board I immediately updated the bios to the latest available version. Than I set both Frequency and VCore to Automatic. The Hardware monitor in the bios sad the V Core was 1.6V but I though something was wrong when CPU temperature went higher than other PC I assembled for friends.
When last night I checked the VCore with Speedfan I realised that tha Voltage was set to 1.68V!.
setting VCore manually to 1.6V did the trick! Measure voltage (SpeedFan) was 1.58V and no further annoying NTFS Error arose.
To have a clean solution I unplugged the CMOS battery on the board waited 10 seconds and put it back in place. Now VCore measure gets 1.6V!
Hence, the real solution is: AFTER A BIOS UPGRADE better is to CLEANUP BIOS RAM UNPLUGGIN THE BATTERY.
Quote:
sub Wrote:It should at least work for the first HVR-1300. Does it?
No it doesn't
What does it do?
sub Wrote:What does it do?

ConnectPins failed!

AND - After OK button press:
Failed to connect pinNameTvTunerAnalogAudioOut to pinNameTvAudioTvAudioIn

Failed to connect pinNameCrossbarVideoDecoderOut to pinNameAnalogVideoIn

ConnectPins failed!
again

Then starts to scan without tuning up (obviously)
Settings were:
Card Type: Hauppauge HVR-1300 (Analog)
Antenna

IMore:
If you have time, please change in the Language field of the GBPVR Config application from Italianos to Italiano
Wink
Quote:ConnectPins failed!

Failed to connect pinNameTvTunerAnalogAudioOut to pinNameTvAudioTvAudioIn

Failed to connect pinNameCrossbarVideoDecoderOut to pinNameAnalogVideoIn

ConnectPins failed!
again
Ok, so this tells us direct.ini section is incorrect for the [Hauppauge HVR-1300 (Analog)] card definition, and we need to correct it.

As I said a few times, I dont have any first hand experience with this card, so I've been dependent on others to supply the definition. Are you able to correct it? If you can post a screenshot from GraphEdit which shows all the filters for this card, then I'll help you find the correct names.
OK
I'll try to

There were another error message, but I think it's my turn...
This grapf should work at least as video tuning, while I don't know for audio.
Pages: 1 2 3 4