NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Exiting Live TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a problem that seems to have started with 0.98.13 - when exiting live tv back to the TV guide (using the back button) the MVP loses its connection and restarts. This doesn't happen all the time, but several times in an evening.

I am using the dongle.bin that came with gbpvr but it also does it with 24023b. I use the Community skin but have also tried standard Blue.

One thing is that the transition from live tv back to the tv guide is "messy" ie. press back, the program description will display momentarily, then the tv guide will display, then refresh itself. Don't know if this is related to the above MVP restart.

Logs are attached - thanks in advance for any help with this one.
I'm seeing the same thing, the MVP restarts and can't find a server to connect to. I have to manually kill the gbpvr process on the server to get the MVP to connect again.

I have the MVPTray plugin and it shows that the MVP is "Idle" even though the MVP has been turned off at this point.
I just tried this on my computer. Start up GBPVR, go to live TV and hit ESC. Black screen and memory usage of the GBPVR process is at 200000K. I'm running on a AMD 4600 X2 with 2 Gigs of ram.
I'm also seeing the MVP restart when exiting live TV, exactly as bedfordcf describes.
This has arrived since I upgraded to 98.13b, it didn't do it with 96.08.
Any ideas?
I installed this version which seems to have solved my exiting issues. However, I still see a lot of memory usage from time to time even when I'm idle.

sub wrote:
[INDENT]
Problems playing in-progress recordings, and a strange messages in the log files

If you're having problems playing in-progress recordings (no OSD, inability to skip), it can be resolved by applying the patch from:

http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=1...ostcount=2[/INDENT]
Well I've applied the following patch:

http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=1...ostcount=6

and am still having the problem. Has anyone who's seen this behaviour found a solution ? It does seem to have arrived with 98.13.

Thanks.