NextPVR Forums

Full Version: IP Address Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, I have been using gbpvr on my wired mvp with no problems but recently it quit working. If I start my mvp with the hauppauge services enabled it finds the server and runs the hauppauge software. However every 10 minutes of playback time it restarts and I have to unplug the mvp to connect again. If I disable the hauppauge software and start the gbpvr media server the mvp can not find an ip address to connect to. I am using a hauppauge 350 with a wireless mvp. I have 98.13 with that dongle on it. I have disabled the 2 mvp services in the accessories-services tab. I have servers set to autostart 1. I am running windows xp sp2 and have allowed exceptions under the firewall for gbpvr and the gbpvr recording service. Even tried turning off the firewall and the mvp can not find an ip address if hauppauge software is not running.
Any help would be appreciated
The MVP gets its IP address from a DHCP server that needs to be somewhere on your network. Its usualy as a service in your router. (I think the Hauppauge software has its own built in to allow the MVP and PC to talk dirctly over a cable with no other network in place).
Try rebooting your router, then powering up the MVP.
If your router supports it, log in to its management console or web page and look for ip-addresses assigned by its DHCP server. ( usually listed in a table).
What type is your router ?
Is this happening on your wired or wireless mvp or both?