NextPVR Forums

Full Version: best free sqlite3 editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have been looking for a nice editor for sqlite3 db's and found none that allow visual editing like say an Excel spreadsheet..[deleting rows individually by just hitting 1 key,etc.]
so after trying about 10 of them i found this 'personal' version of SqliteExpert..
http://www.sqliteexpert.com/SQLiteExpertPersSetup.exe
very nice looking and fast and lots of extra tools...
the pay version has visual query building and some other nice features..seems well worth the price if you work with them often..
so many just allow viewing the data, or make you use sql queries to alter the data without much help..
this one makes it like access...a real time saver and simple..
Big Grin
pBS Wrote:a nice editor for sqlite3 db's and found none that allow visual editing like say an Excel spreadsheet..[deleting rows individually by just hitting 1 key,etc.]
Well, as a matter of principle you're not supposed to do such 'dirty' things in proper databasesBig Grin
yea, but for developing, it sure does help erase the mistakes...Smile
sometimes ya just have to get your hands...dirty..Big Grin
I've been using SQLite Database Browser for quite some time and it seems to fit your criteria too. You can browse a table in "spreadsheet" format, delete a row or add a new row by clicking a button at the top of the display. Changing an existing row is a bit unintuitive but works OK (You have to double click a "cell" in the row and then it lets you change the value of that column). And it has a Find capability that lets you just search for a string in a table without using SQL.

It also lets you create, delete and modify tables and indexes. There's a nifty SQL log feature that keeps a record of all the SQL submitted by you (or generated by the application itself) so you can reuse SQL commands by cutting them from the log window and pasting them into the query window.
Hmm...why wouldn't you just use the express version of the Management Console? It's free from what I understand.
pbb Wrote:Hmm...why wouldn't you just use the express version of the Management Console? It's free from what I understand.

I think you're thinking of mssql express.
sqlite is a totally different database written in C
Yep, you're right. Sorry, read too fast.
Heres a tool I use for SQLite.
SQLite Administrator
http://sqliteadmin.orbmu2k.de/