NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Enhanced Web Admin (EWA) Build 50 Released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Build 50 of the EWA has been released. You can download it here.

EWA Instructions are on the wiki.

Changes include:

Date: 2006-11-02 Build Number: 50 Changes:
  • UncleJohnsBand: Fix bug in Search page introduced in build 49.
  • UncleJohnsBand: Fix bug in Manage Recordings tree-view that prevented the ability to cancel recordings.
  • UncleJohnsBand: Add Stream Now capability for instant streaming of shows that are currently airing.
    • How to access Stream Now:
    • Bring up Guide and select a show that is currently on-air.
    • The Details pop-up window will have a new button available to Stream Now.
    • Clicking the button will automatically start recording the show and begin the stream.
    • When you click on Stop Server Stream the show will automatically be deleted.
    • If you have selected Stream Now on an already recorded show the recoding will not be deleted when you click on Stop Server Stream.
Hi UJB, 2 notes:
- I think the wrong version number pops up if you hoover the mouse over the gbpvr-logo.
- I think you forgot the side bars on the popup-window, so often I don't have any buttons at all. Streaming works great thoughSmile .

Edit: probably not the sidebars but the window being too small.
HtV Wrote:Hi UJB, 2 notes:
- I think the wrong version number pops up if you hoover the mouse over the gbpvr-logo.{/quote]

poop. :o

[quote=HtV]
- I think you forgot the side bars on the popup-window, so often I don't have any buttons at all. Streaming works great thoughSmile .

Edit: probably not the sidebars but the window being too small.

Double poop. :eek:

I make the window a little larger for the next release.

If you want to do it yourselve go into the web/public folder and there is a popup.js file. In there you will see an editpop5 configuration. There are two places for the height....just make the nuber larger in both places bigger........then save it.....clear your browser (when on a non-guide page....like Manage recordings) and then go back to the Guide and it should pull in the new settings. Smile
About the pop-up box height:
In the 49-version, which I'm using now, the pop-up box may be bigger but also when the description of a show is to big for the box, then a sidebar appears. In 49 it works perfect.Smile So I'll stick to that for the time being. No big deal for me.
I installed version 50, but I don't see the new button.

I can stream the videos that are already recorded but I can't stream live TV as there is not a button to do so.

I followed the install instructions on the wiki, and deleted files before installing the new version. How do you tell what version is running? If I hover over the GBPVR icon I get 1.49.51, but I think that is a bug that was mentioned in another post.

Any hints?
HtV Wrote:About the pop-up box height:
In the 49-version, which I'm using now, the pop-up box may be bigger but also when the description of a show is to big for the box, then a sidebar appears. In 49 it works perfect.Smile So I'll stick to that for the time being. No big deal for me.

Actually the pop-up box in 49 is smaller than build 50. It seems smaller becouse of the added Stream Now button that appears when the item is available to stream. I increased the size somewhat but apparently not enough. I did not turn off the scroll bars so they should still appear. If they didn't then you may have had a Java Script cahing issue.....it may have been displaying the pop-up as it was in 49.

I have notcied that the pop-up windows get cached and to clear it you need to go to a different screen (olike I mentioned above....Manage Recordings) and clear your browser cache. Then come back to the Guide and click on a show to see the detail.
Mr. Camaro Wrote:I installed version 50, but I don't see the new button.

I can stream the videos that are already recorded but I can't stream live TV as there is not a button to do so.

I followed the install instructions on the wiki, and deleted files before installing the new version. How do you tell what version is running? If I hover over the GBPVR icon I get 1.49.51, but I think that is a bug that was mentioned in another post.

Any hints?

49.51 is the correct version.....but the number is wrong....that is the bug reported above.

So are you saying that when you click on a show in the Guide.....that is currently to be airing.......and you click on the show name to see the detail you do not see the Stream Now button at the bottom of the Details pop-up box.....is this correct?

[Image: capture113200693711pmrq9.jpg]
UncleJohnsBand Wrote:So are you saying that when you click on a show in the Guide.....that is currently to be airing.......and you click on the show name to see the detail you do not see the Stream Now button at the bottom of the Details pop-up box.....is this correct?[Image: capture113200693711pmrq9.jpg]

Yes, I open up the web admin, then select one of the shows on the left that should be airing. I get the same as this picture but without the stream now button. Must be something simple as it does not appear that others have this problem. Do I need to reboot first or something?

Edit*** I'm not on 98.13 yet...still one version back.
Shouldn't need to reboot.

Sounds like an incomplete or bad install.......

Did you clear your browser cache?

You did say you followed the instrucutions on the wiki.....

Stop recordingservice
Delete all files and directories under GBPVR/web EXCEPT fir bin directoy
Install update
Start recordingservice
UncleJohnsBand Wrote:Shouldn't need to reboot.

Sounds like an incomplete or bad install.......

Did you clear your browser cache?

You did say you followed the instrucutions on the wiki.....

Stop recordingservice
Delete all files and directories under GBPVR/web EXCEPT fir bin directoy
Install update
Start recordingservice

Yes I did all of that. Still no button. Just did it again, and same result. Even accessed it with a computer that has never accessed the web admin before and still no button.
Pages: 1 2 3