NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Using MVP with a BDA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First the basic facts:
Based in UK
Using Nova T (PCI) (90002 version and I've downloaded the latest drivers)
MVP
V0.98.13b of GBPVR - no plug ins or skins
Wired network

Problem:
I'm having problems viewing recordings made on GBPVR on my TV via my MVP (they work fine on my PC). Everything else works OK on my MVP (playback of music, photos and other video files).

My understanding is that the default recording format when you capture from a BDA is .dvr-ms and the MVP doesn't work with that format. <Which confuses me because I thought that digital TV (i.e. freeview) was broadcast in mpeg (so why is it not saved in mpeg? - just an aside question)>

Anyway, how do I either (a) get my MVP to read .dvr-ms files
or
(b) save my recordings in mpeg format?

I did tried to botch it my selecting a direct recording source and the wrong card. Whilst it did save recordings in mpeg format, the quality was unsatisfactory (audio and visual out of sync, kept cutting out etc).

I've probably missed something really basic, but I just can't see it.

Thanks.
Quote:My understanding is that the default recording format when you capture from a BDA is .dvr-ms ... <Which confuses me because I thought that digital TV (i.e. freeview) was broadcast in mpeg (so why is it not saved in mpeg? - just an aside question)>
The type of file you end up with depends on the mux filter you using. The Microsoft dvr-ms mux produces .dvr-ms files. The Cyberlink and ATI mux filters produces .mpg files.

Quote:Anyway, how do I either (a) get my MVP to read .dvr-ms files
To play .dvr-ms files on your MVP, you need to download and install the Cyberlink mux. It uses this to remux the file .MPG on the fly.
Thanks. Sounds like I need to get hold of a Cyberlink or ATI mux filter. I have a google and can't see anywhere you can download just these. Any ideas? Do I need to download a trail version of something (and if so what)?

Thanks again
This has been covered a ton of times. Read the sticky thread: http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=7229 and/or use the forum search.