NextPVR Forums

Full Version: live tv playback problems on MVP Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am having serious problems getting my MVP to work. I’ve been trying for about 3 month to get a watch able picture. First I set up the MVP over a wireless network but no mater what configuration set up I tried all I could get was a stuttery picture and sound. So presuming it was a problem with the wireless I have hard wired the MVP directly to my linksys router, I was optimistic that this would improve things but the picture and sound are exactly the same. Again I have tried loads of different settings in the configuration menu E.g. pre play delay settings and practically all others with out any improvements. This is now making me pull my hair out I have spent hours at this with no improvement.
Can any of you that have a MVP up and running for live TV play back help
Thanks in advance for any help.
Sticking with a wired connection for now, the first thing I'd try is applying the patch mentioned here: http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=1...ostcount=6

If you play back an existing recording, does it have the same problem? If you play back the same file from the original Hauppauge MVP software, does it have the same problem?
sub Wrote:Sticking with a wired connection for now, the first thing I'd try is applying the patch mentioned here: http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=1...ostcount=6

Sub -- you had posted another patch for a different issue later that day. Is it safe to assume that the fixes for this and previous issues is included in the later patch?
Newer patches will contain the earlier ones, so if they from the same day, try to apply the latest of the two.
Hi Sub, Thanks for getting back to me, The MVP works fine when playing back recorded TV wireless or wired and seams to be ok with the hauppauge software its just live playback that’s the problem. I am about to try the patch so ill let you know how it goes.
Regard.
Try the patch
I unzipped the patch into the main GBPVR directory it seamed to copy in ok but mvp could no longer find the server and I could not get gbpvr to run on my pc either so I have replaced the patch copy with the back up of the original. I don’t know if I unzipped the patch incorrectly but it didn’t seam to work at all.
Others have installed the same patch without any problems. Are you running v0.98.13?
ive just checked and im running v0.98.8b so ill update and let you know.
If I download 98.13 today, will I need to apply the patch? Or is the patch included in the current release. I'm currently testing 98.8 and haven't updated yet.
Pages: 1 2