NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Can a viewer have MVP choose between two GBPVR servers on same lan?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can a user have MVP choose between two GBPVR servers on same lan? There aren't in the online manual (I'm at work) http://hauppauge.lightpath.net/manuals/wmvp.pdf
I have a wired MVP which I haven't had time to even take out of the box. According tp the online manual for the wireless version (it is the only online manual I can find) it states: the wireless MediaMVP will detect that the LAN jack has been plugged in and will use a wired setup which only requires the selection of the MediaMVP Preferred Server.
Is that what I am looking for?
The new dongle seems to lock into the prefer server and don't allow user to pick the other MVP server, that is why I still use the old dongle which has the volume bar on it. I just power cycle with the green button until it picks up the MVP server on the PC I want.

Dan L.
I just upgraded to the most recent version of gbpvr last weekend, which includes a newer version of the dongle than was distributed with it previously. (I don't know if it's the newest) When I powered off my wired MVPs and they reloaded the dongle, each prompted me for the preferred server.

I haven't put them in standby to see if they re-prompt when they come back out, but I'm guessing not. It's probably just something they do at boot time.