NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Multiple Remotes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My setup: gbpvr running on a computer connected to my living room TV through s-video and a wired MVP connected to the tv in the bedroom.

I've got an MCE remote that came with my hauppauge 150 card. It works fine in the living room. When using the hauppauge remote that came with the mvp on the mvp in the bedroom, however, some buttons do not work. The skip forward button in particular throws an error and exits out of whatever recording i'm watching.

I've started looking into using HIP to solve the problem but i'm wondering if/how it will work to have 2 different remotes - one for the living room, one for the bedroom. Any ideas? Should i just use one remote? is it possible to use one for each room? Thanks for the help!
The Hauppauge remote should work with the MVP regardless of what you are using to control the PC. I don't think HIP will help since your problem is with the MVP and not the PC. If the MVP remote is kicking you out, you should get an error in the logs. Post your logs after this happens and someone should be able to help.
The Hauppauge remote is common to a number of Hauppauge devices so some buttons aren't supposed to do anyting with the MVP.

It may not be the remote at all. The error with skip fwd could be any number of problems associated with the MVP - ie configuration, caching, network etc - I am no expert, but there are many things that the MVP needs to work that aren't required when driving GBPVR on the PC. As mentioned in the previous post, your log files should point the friendly forum members to the problem. All the best.