NextPVR Forums

Full Version: ATI All In Wonder 8500DV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks,

I've just adopted an "old" ATI All-In-Wonder 8500DV. Has anyone used this card with GB-PVR? I was thinking of throwing it into my current box which has a Radeon 9200 for TV-out and an MSI Theater 550 Pro for recording, and using it as a second tuner card.

Suggestions? Comments?

Thanks!

-SD
I have some old ATi AiWs, and unfortunately they don't work.
I hope yours does! I don't know anything about that one!
There is no built in support for any of the All-In-Wonder cards. They lack the required hardware MPEG encoder.

That said, if you're lucky you might be able to get it work with the software encoder plugin.
Yeah... looking into older specs, the 8500DV is the last card ATI put out without a hardware MPEG-2 encoder. Darn.

Oh well, it was free! Smile

I'll give that software encoder a whirl...

Thanks for your replies!

-SD
I have a 8500DV running with OnAir's USB-HDTV GT and with the native OnAir apps it is outstanding. That said the OA apps leave something to be desired when it comes to EPG - hence my interest in getting the combo to work with GBPVR. Just my .02. Cheers -
Yea, that's what I feared, no hardware MPEG. Sorry, I'm in the same boat, I have two ATI AiW's, and an NVIDIA that's not hardware too. I thought they were cool before, now I know better!!!