NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Video Card Recommendation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am looking at buying a Chaintech XGI Volari V5 256MB 8x AGP Video Card. The detailed specs are on the website below. Is this a good card to get? Is there anything that I need to think about before I buy it? Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.chaintechusa.com/tw/eng/produ...&PISNo=342
I've heard poor performance with those cards.
I hava A gforce 6200.
It's close in price.
I need to run it in overlay due to the aspect bug however I was impressed with the quality of the picture.
Thanks for the quick response. I have a coworker that has a eVGA e-GeForceFX 5900 Ultra card that he is willing to sell me. The specs are below. Do you think that this would be suitable?

Clock Speed: 500 MHz (Original BIOS) 450 MHz (New BIOS)
Memory Speed: 900 MHz (Original BIOS) 850 MHz (New BIOS)
Memory Capacity: 256MB
Peak Overclock: 478 MHz GPU & 936 MHz DDR
VIVO Compatible: Yes
Video Connectivity: S-Video In/Out & Composite In/Out
Bundled Applications: eVGA Utilities, nVidia nVDVD 2.0, & Cyberlink PowerDirector 2.1

Thanks
David
It's a decent card.
How much?
I have used an FX5200 without too much trouble.
The only issue with the FX cards is they lack hardware scaling or so i've been told.
You need to set the resolution the same as your capture resolution. 740x480 in most cases then you'll be set.
Anything would be better than what I am currently using, which is an old nVidia 64MB video card. He is selling it to me for $30. Thanks again for the help.

Later
David